▬ 𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗢𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗮𝘀𝘁

A week later

A week later

"AAANNND I'M FINALLY FREE FROM SORE THROAT HELL!" She exclaimed victoriously after she finished her last prescription of medicine.

She had been told to stay at home and rest for a few days. And although it wasn't a problem for her as an introvert with a bit of social anxiety, since she's in a different world, she yearns to explore even a bit.

Taking her trusty partner aka dark reunion, she heads out to meet with Aether and Paimon for their usual commission run together. It was easier and quicker for the both of them so they decided to join hands.

Although, Aether spoke to her that they might be away for some time as they will be traveling to the next region. Aether even offered her to come along but Y/n immediately turned him down since she knew that he might face another harbinger while he saves another nation. Dealing with the fatui is always at the bottom of her to-do list.

"Good morning Aether, Paimon!" She greets them with a bright smile which the two reciprocated as well.

"You look better than the last time that Paimon saw you. Back then you looked like a dying plant but now you're more energetic that the tallest tree." Paimon said as they laughed together.

"So, what're our commissions today, leader?" Y/n asked as she pats Aether's shoulder.

"Hmm let's see, first is about bouncing on mushrooms again, hammering the mushrooms, one touring light show and lastly we need to clear a hilichurl's camp." Aether recites while reading the paper that Katheryn assigned them.

Hilichurls huh? It's gonna be the first time I'll be seeing one. Wish I made a sniper riffle so I can just snipe them from a far distance. Still, knowing that they were once humans make me sick.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Aether asked in concern as he noticed Y/n to be in some deep and serious thought.

Y/n just reassured him with a smile as they headed out to their commission. Starting from the nearest commission of bouncing on mushrooms and catching up with a light jellyfish to hammering certain mushrooms, until their final commission which is a hilichurl subjugation.

By a bush nearby the hilichurl camp, Ather and Y/n hid and whispered their plan. With Aether being the bait for Y/n to take them down, they both nodded in sync.

Aether charged out of the bush, letting the monster agro on him while Y/n was aiming. She was focused but for some reason, she was shaking. Her eyes can't seem to focus and her breathing begins to feel heavy.

As she looked at the hilichurls fighting Aether, unpleasant memories began to pop up in her mind. The necrotic skin of the hilichurls reminded her of the burnt bodies of her fellow orphans who died in the fire.

She was screaming at herself to shoot them down and help Aether but her body seem to freeze.

"Y/n, what are you waiting for? Aether won't be able to hold them much longer! Y/n snap out of it! Paimon doesn't like this!" Paimon exclaimed and although Y/n wanted to help, she was stuck in her position.

"Tsk, unsightly insects!" A familiar voice snapped her out within a second. The wanderer conveniently arrived and helped them on time. Finally able to move, Y/n began to shoot them down.

With the wanderer's help, they safely finished the task but instead of celebrating, Y/n apologized for holding Aether back.

"Hey pervert, are you perhaps afraid of the hilichurls?" The wanderer asked in a mocking town with his arms crossed.

"Hahaha, of course not. I just waited so you could save us. I know you've been following us from the start." Y/n replied slyly.

Y/n then turned to Paimon and Aether and told them that he could have her share for today since she wishes to go home right away. Even before Aether could refuse, Y/n bolted away with a quick goodbye.

"And there she goes..." Paimon muttered.

"I wonder what happened," Aether muttered making the wanderer scoff. He didn't say a word and simply left as well, leaving the two behind.

Y/n head straight to her house and washed her face with cold tap water. She looked at herself in the mirror while regulating her breathing.

"It's okay Y/n. Hilichurls are not like them. You should remember them when they were still alive, don't think of them when they died." She muttered to encourage herself. Lightly slapping her cheeks she nodded and smiled, saying that everything is okay over and over again until she heard a knock on her door.

Quickly wiping her face with a clean towel she answered the door only to find a few students of the Akademiya under the Rtawahist darshan.

"Miss Y/n, do you have time? Can you please read us thi-"

"No~" she said and closed the door.

"We'll pay you!-"

"No way I'm letting that chance go~ I always loved reading. How much are we talking about?" She asked with a smile after opening the door. Although she won't have any problem with money soon, there's no risk of earning more, right?

The students said that they arranged a small event with students under the same darshan who are interested in coming along. They even had a venue for it and when Y/n saw it, she felt like a fish biting on the hook of a fisherman's rod.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PEOPLE? I CAN'T DO THIS- oh wait is that Layla!?! Omg, my sleepy queen!

"Miss Y/n, this way, please. Introduce yourself first so they know who you are." One student said as he led her to a small stage they put up.

Clearing her throat and taking a deep breath in, she stepped in front of the eager crown with fake confidence.

"Alright, we'll start this reading session. Ya'll already know who I am, my name is Topher." She said and silence occupied the whole space, making it awkward.

"Uhm, we thought your name was Y/n." One student pointed out while Y/n cleared her throat once more and clarified that she is Y/n and that what she said was merely a joke.

Damnit, I forgot that everyone here doesn't know memes and vines. Now I look like Cyno making jokes that no one finds funny.

"*ahem* Then this first book is titled...Twinkle Twinkle Shooting Star? By Stella the Astrologist" Y/n was becoming more and more confused as she read but when she reached the end of it her eyes widened with surprise.

"I dedicate this book to my lovely daughter, my little shooting star, Y/n."