what a day

Today. Where to start. Eleanor and I went to the aquarium, which was a lot of fun until . . . I got a text from none other than Rowan. And he was at camp.

I guess I should back up—he was my first friend when Dad and I moved to Toronto when I was in 2nd grade. He went by a different name then—named after his dad, who died in a car accident on the way home from work about a year after we met. I remember him calling me right after it happened. He was sobbing and I stayed on the phone with him for two hours, not even saying anything but just being there, until he fell asleep. Two months later, I left for camp for the first time. We talked occasionally, hung out in groups whenever I was in Ontario and I knew he liked me but I never really thought about it much. Mostly we'd drifted apart. Until...last December. He was there for me those days after I said I wasn't coming back to New York because I was sick of being treated the way I was, and I'd never felt more alone. He was there to listen because no one else would.

Long story short, but I went to go see him. We had a lot to catch up on but he's living at camp now. Eleanor and I fought again. But the good thing about fighting with them is they don't really hold grudges for very long. Maybe things are back to normal between us now. I talked with Will too and it went a lot better than I expected. Maybe he feels bad. I finally told him "you don't have to like him but he's still my friend" and he said okay. Eleanor said she wants to meet him. She says if she likes him she'll be mad. I wonder how it'll go.

I still wish Livi would back off. After I went to camp Eleanor went over there and I know Livi was trying to get Eleanor to kiss her or something. Eleanor can date whoever she wants obviously but she can't kiss my sister while dating me.

Oh, and one more thing. Will drew me that picture after all. The two of us in front of our cabin. I stuck it on my wall. I worried that me having a relationship could get in the way of the relationship I have with him but so far it hasn't. At least I don't feel like it has. I think it made it better somehow because he's always willing to give me advice when I need it. Funny how things work out sometimes.