Too Far [HC 7] (Hurt/Comfort) {Doc & Ren}

Not meant to be a ship!

I mean, technically you could see it as romantic, but it also kinda has some Bdoc soooooo...

Anyways, enjoy!

-------

A knock could be heard on a nearby door, the admin looking up from his work. A sigh escaped Xisuma's lips, as he stood. The helmeted hermit swung open the door.

There stood Ren. His tail wasn't wagging like usual, and his ears were down. His face was stained with tears. The shorter stared up at the admin, Xisuma quickly pulling the hybrid into a tight hug. "Hey, hey, what happened?"

Ren just sniffed, as he cried into Xisuma's shoulder. X sighed, he knew he had a ton of admin work to do, but how could he not help! Xisuma brought Ren into the room, moving him over to sit on the couch. The admin tossed a blanket over the brunette, before carefully wiping away some of Ren's tears.

"Ren, are you alright? What is it?"

"I- I hate Doc!!! W-we're n-n-not friends anymore!" Ren brought his knees to his chest, crying into them.

Xisuma rested a hand on Ren's shoulder, "What happened..?"

"I don't wanna talk about it..." Ren mumbled.

Xisuma brought the crying boy closer, wiping away his tears once again. "It'll all be alright..." Both of their communicators buzzed, Xisuma quickly checking it.

[BdoubleO100] Hey, Ren are you available?

Bdubs smiled as he trotted along outside of one of the beautifully crafted houses. It was turning out great! He stopped as he heard the sound of rockets, soon seeing a familiar creeper hybrid. "Doc!" As Doc landed, Bdubs pulling him into a hug.

"Doc, are you alright?" Bdubs questioned, noticing that Doc felt more tense than usual. The smaller one looked up to Doc's face, the taller's eyes filled with tears. "What happened?"

"Ren Dog happened. That's what." Doc scoffed, his voice shaking slightly.

"Come on, let's get you inside so you can calm down." Bdubs took his hand, leading him to a near house. He got the hybrid to sit down, also sitting down next to him.

"Doc, what happened?"

"I told you, Ren happened!" Doc curled up, placing his hands on his horns, "I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!!!"

"You two are friends, what could have been bad enough for you to hate him?"

"Us, friends? Not anymore..." Doc scoffed, "And... I don't want to talk about it..."

Bdubs sighed. He decided to send Ren a message to see.

[BdoubleO100] Hey, Ren are you available?

[XisumaVoid] He's with me rn

[XisumaVoid] He's not available. What do you need him for tho?

[BdoubleO100] Doc is really upset with him for some reason

[BdoubleO100] it must be really serious since he was on the verge of tears

[XisumaVoid] well, Ren came to me crying, so it definitely serious

[EthosLab] Is Ren doing okay?

[XisumaVoid] Im not sure. He won't tell me much, just saying he and Doc aren't friends anymore and crying

[BdoubleO100] do you think you could try to get Ren to meet up with me and Doc

[XisumaVoid] Yeah. We need to sort this out

"Come on, Doc, we're going to sort this out." Bdubs placed a hand on Doc's knee, getting the taller to look at him. Bdubs took Doc's hand, pulling him from the couch, Doc reluctantly getting up.

"Why are we at Xisuma's base..?" Doc questioned as Bdubs knocked.

"Ren's here right now, and we need you two to sort this out!"

"What- No- I'm not going near him!"

The door finally opened. "Bdubs, Doc, come in." Xisuma told the two of them, Bdubs tugging on Doc's hand to get him to follow him. Xisuma led the two of them over to a couch that sat at the edge of the room, where Ren sat. There were two chairs opposite to the couch.

Xisuma gestured to the chairs for Bdubs and Doc, the two of them taking their seats. "Now..." Xisuma sat down next to Ren, "We don't want you two to stay mad with each other, so we need to sort things out. What started this?"

"Ren hid my tools." Doc muttered, getting a glare from Ren.

"You started it! You yelled at me for no reason!"

"No reason? Oh, I had a reason and you know it." Doc scoffed, "You just took it as revenge to hide my tools."

Bdubs rested a hand onto Doc's knee, trying to hopefully calm down the hybrid.

"You continued with more revenge!" Ren said loudly.

"Hey, hey-" Xisuma interrupted the two of them, "Both of you need to calm down. We don't need to yell about this. May I ask though, was this just a bunch of petty revenge?"

"Yeah." Ren answered.

"Started like that." Doc scoffed.

"So... It started with some fight, then Ren hid Doc's tools?" Xisuma questioned, getting a nod from Ren.

"Then he stole some of my building resources..." Ren muttered.

"You then purposely damaged my arm."

"You trapped me in an obsidian block!"

"You broke my farm!"

"You hid my guitar from me!" Ren stood, "You know how much I care for that!"

"You covered my base in cats! Not just my current base, but my starter base too!" Doc yelled.

Ren paused, mentioning, "That was meant as just a joke- to y'know, stop this fight?"

"I am fucking instinctually terrified of cats!"

Bdubs pulled the creeper hybrid into a tight hug, "Shhhh.... It'll be okay..."

Xisuma pulled Ren to seat. "You both went too far for something that was just supposed to be petty revenge. Everyone makes mistakes. Both of you need to be responsible for your actions." Xisuma sighed.

"Ren, you should clear Doc's base out of cats. Doc, you should return the building resources, and return Ren's guitar if he's not already gotten it back. You both should apologize, but do that when you are ready. Ingenuine, and forced apologies do nothing good."

Bdubs brushed a hand over Doc's check, getting Doc to look to the shorter, "Sound good, Doc?"

"I guess it works..."

"Ren?" The dog hybrid turned to Xisuma.

"Yeah, all good with me..."

Doc flopped down on his cat free bed, a sigh passing through his lips. Ren had even offered to help as much as he could with fixing the farm he broke! A small smile fell onto Doc's face. Maybe things would be alright...

He and Ren could be friends again.

No more petty revenge.

(987 words)