Just in Their Head [HC 6] (Hurt/comfort) [Iskall]

This was a request from ShaliaGranados

Iskall angst|Hurt/comfort!

--------

Boy...

Boy...

Boy...

Iskall covered their ears. The loud memories wouldn't stop.

You're just a boy.

Stop lying.

Nobody will ever believe you.

Tears stained the ground. The concrete ground. Crying in the back of the biggest store on hermitcraft... Great...

They don't care.

Grian doesn't care.

Mumbo doesn't care.

Stress doesn't care.

"No... No, shut up, shut up..." The voices were loud in their head. Screaming...

"Why would we ever like a boy like you!?"

"Yeah, go away!"

"Shut up... Shut up..." Their hands covered their ears. It couldn't block out the loud yelling. The fake yelling. The yelling trapped in their own head...

"Agender..? That doesn't exist. Stop making things up."

"I'm not a boy... Shut up, shut up..."

"Stop telling people you aren't a boy! You are male! Stop lying!"

Boy...

Boy...

Boy...

"Iskall..? Mate, are you alright-? No, that's a stupid question. It's clear you aren't."

Their eyes traced up to the mustached hermit. Mumbo had slowly made his way into the room, kneeling down in front of the panicked hermit.

"Iskall..? What do you need? Water- Um... Food? Comfort? Should I get Grian? I think he's better at comfort things..."

"Stay..." Iskall grabbed at Mumbo's suit arm, tears still falling. "I- I can't be alone... P-please... Don't leave..."

Pathetic boy...

Weak boy...

Disgusting boy...

Mumbo slipped down next to the crying hermit, "Ummm... How can I help? Just need me to be here, or...?"

Iskall didn't verbally respond -they were crying too much to do so- just burying their head into Mumbo's shoulder, tears soaking into the fabric.

"Should I message Stress? I won't leave, I promise."

Iskall nodded slightly, Mumbo slipping out his communicator.

[MumboJumbo] Hey stress

[MumboJumbo] are you free?

[StressMonster101] I'm a bit busy rn

[StressMonster101] what is it about?

[MumboJumbo] Iskall

[MumboJumbo] They are crying

[MumboJumbo] A lot, and asked me not to leave

[StressMonster101] Shoot, I'm really far from iskall's base, where are you guys?

[MumboJumbo] Sahara

[StressMonster101] Damn it I'm way too far

[StressMonster101] if I give you instruction, do you think you could try to calm them down?

[StressMonster101] I will get there a probably like 30 minutes, but could you try for now

[MumboJumbo] yeah, I can try

[MumboJumbo] For iskall

...

"Umm... Iskall, are you able to do something with me..?" Mumbo questioned.

"I- I can try..."

"Alright..." Mumbo glanced to his communicator, "What are 5 things you can see...?"

"You... W-walls... Ground... Concrete... G-glass..." Iskall managed to get out.

"Okay, what are four things you can touch?"

"Y-your suit... the ground... My own clothes... I- Um.... The air?"

"That's works... Um, alright, alright. Three things you can hear?"

"Customer chatter... You... The voices..."

"The voices- No, just focus on the de-panic exercise..." Mumbo spoke to himself, before continuing, "Two things you can smell?"

"Redstone... Whatever you use to wash your suit..."

"Okay, the last one is... One thing you can taste?"

"Tears..."

Mumbo wiped some tears from Iskall's cheeks, "Best not to eat those. Oh- Um, are you feeling a bit better?"

"A bit..."

"Stress is a bit far from here, so she's not able to get here very quickly. She told me to do that for you..."

"Thanks... A-and I mean it."

"Sooo... Do you wanna talk about what caused that... panic attack?"

Boy...

"Not really... I- I think I would prefer not to think about it."

"Alright! Well- Um, so you know, Stress will probably be here in like 30 minutes." Mumbo chuckled softly, before mentioning, "She's probably really worried."

"She cares... Right?"

"She cares about you a lot. Us architechs do too."

"That means a lot to hear..."

(537 words)