Friends Care [HC 7] (Hurt/Comfort) {Xisuma}

This one is a request! The person has asked to stay anonymous.

The request was for: Hurt/comfort where some of the hermits find out that another one selfharms.

I decided to not be basic, and I didn't do it with Grian. Sooooo, Xisuma angst!!!

TW:

Heavily implied selfharm (It's not actually stated ever.)

-----------

Friendly chatter filled the room. Xisuma smiled softly at the cheerful hermits. He itched at his arm, it stinging a fair bit. Xisuma winced slightly, really hoping the other hermits that were there didn't notice.

And of course, Keralis, who was sitting right next to X, noticed. "Shashwammy, you okay?"

"Huh- Oh, yeah, of course." Xisuma replied, his nervous smile hidden under his helmet.

"Are you sure?"

This had caught a few of the other's attention. "Hm? Is something wrong?" Stress questioned.

"Nothing's wrong!" Xisuma said quickly. Keralis caught Xisuma's glance. "I've been friends with you for forever, I can tell that there is definitely something wrong." Keralis mentioned.

"X, is everything alright?" Mumbo asked, a concerned look on his face.

"I promise I'm fine-"

"X, you can talk to us." Cleo interrupted him, "We're your friends."

"I'm fine..." Xisuma mumbled. Keralis gave him a worried look, "You sure?" Keralis put his hand onto Xisuma's arm, to try to be comforting. Xisuma winced in pain slightly.

"Did you hurt your wrist?" Joehills asked, "You winced when Keralis touched that area."

Xisuma didn't know what to tell them... He didn't want them to know, he didn't want them to be disappointed... He had promised Keralis that he would stop...

Keralis made eye contact with the admin, extending a hand. Slowly, Xisuma gave his arm to Keralis. Carefully, the wide eyed boy rolled up X's sleeve. Bandages... Keralis had a likely guess of what was under than.

"Keralis- I'm sorry..." Xisuma mumbled.

"It's alright. It's hard to stop... But you're trying, right?"

Xisuma nodded. He could feel his eyes fill with tears, but the helmet hid it. Eyes stared at him... At least it wasn't all the hermits. Just four more...

"X... You can always come to us." Cleo told him, getting a nod from the poet beside them. "If you ever need to talk about anything, I'm always here!" Joe smiled softly.

"Do you need some healing potions for it?" Stress asked, "Does it hurt?"

"It- It only hurts when I touch it..." Xisuma replied to the healer.

"I really hope you do come to us when you feel horrible." Mumbo mentioned, before adding, "I'm not the best at comforting you, am I...?"

Xisuma chuckled lightly, "You- You're alright..."

"Shashwammy. All of us care, so you can always come to any of us." Keralis smiled gently, "Every hermit cares. And everyone deals with mental health issues. I would bet almost every hermit has felt worthless at some point."

Xisuma rested his head onto his friend's shoulder, "Thanks... It means a lot that all of you want to help me..."

"Of course! That's what friends are for."

(422 words)