Missing... Part 1 [HC/YHS] (Angst) {Scarian?}

Alrighty. Well, first time in a while I've writen something that includes YHS. Welp. It's a Modern AU.

TWs

People going missing

S@m

Drugging

Kidnapping

------------------------------

Static buzzed. Static.... Just static.... Click. Click.

"-and now to new reports. The two young boys, Taurtis Oguni and Grian, are still missing. Police still search for both of them-"

Click

A long sigh passed through the brunette's lips. Ringing echoed in the small room. The boy strained his arm, reaching to his phone. He read the caller ID before answering it.

"Hey! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out soon."

"Huh..?"

The voice on the other end paused. "Scar, have you been crying?"

"What- Haha.... no."

"Dude, you can be honest with me... Please, we all want the best for you. How 'bout, you come to the hangout this weekend! Cub will be there! Uh- Impy and Zed will also be. Mumbo probably will, if he can get time off of work. And Xisuma!"

"It's not the same..."

"Is... Is this about Grian?"

"He's still missing."

"Scar, we can't do anything-"

"The police haven't found him. It's been months, Tango! W-what if-"

"Do I need to get someone to go over?"

"No... I'm fine...."

"At least try to get out of the house?"

Beep. Beep.

'Call disconnected'.

The boy slowly wheeled through his dimly lit apartment. The washroom door creaked open, a sliver of light showing his reflection through the mirror.

"Damn...."

"Alright, and what's your name?"

"Scar..."

The sharpie etched across the cup. "Just take a seat, or stand over there. Your order will be finished soon, sir."

The elven boy hobbled to a near seat, leaning his crutches against the table. Noise surrounded him. His breath caught in his throat, as his eyes scanned over every person.

Brunette. Long hair. Black hair. Too long. Red head. Dyed. Blonde- No, wrong shade. Blonde! No, too tall... Light brunette. Black hair- are those headphones!? No... no, wrong colour. Blonde- strawberry blonde!? Red sweater!?

He did a double take, before noticing the black horns. His emerald eyes filled with tears, as he looked down to his lap. "Stupid..."

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?"

The voice surprised the brunette, jumping a bit. His eyes darted up, to see a boy. Looked to be a young adult, if Scar was to guess. The boy's eyes were red -they both looked soft but also... dangerous. A smile sat on the boy's face. His brown hair poked out from a hood, with white bunny ears.

"Uh- no, it's not."

With a smile, the boy sat in the open seat. "Are those your crutches?" He gestured to the crutches Scar had leaned against the table.

"Yeah. I need them to walk. I've been slowly regaining some ability to walk -I used to use a wheelchair fully- but now I sometimes use crutches."

The boy nodded, keeping his smile. His smile and eyes didn't waver.... Did he even blink? "So, what's your name? You seem like an interesting fellow!"

"I'm- uh- I'm Scar."

"It's nice to meet you, Scar! I'm Sam!"

Why did that seem weirdly familiar...?

Scar's name was called by the barista. The elf shifted to grab his crutches, but Sam stood. "I'll get it for you! Don't worry about a thing!" Scar watched the bunny skip his way up the counter, picking up the plate and coffee, and skipping his way back. Sam slipped the cup and plate onto the table.

"Thank you." Scar pulled the drink to his lips, carefully letting the scolding liquid run down his throat for a moment before pulling it away. He shifted to take a careful bite of his donut.

Scar heard Sam's elbows hitting the table, as the bunny interlocked his fingers. "Could I ask a question?"

"Go ahead, I guess?"

"Why are your eyes a bit puffy? Are you upset about something?" Noticing Scar's change of posture, Sam added to his question, "If it's too personal, I totally understand."

"It just..." Scar sighed. Talking to people is good, right? "A friend of mine is missing, and I'm worried...."

"Is it one of those two boys on the news!? Taurtis or Grian?" Sam's smile still never wavered...

"Uh- yeah... Grian."

"Oh?"

"He was one of my closest friends..." Scar took another sip of his coffee, not seeing as Sam's smile grew...

"I've actually met Grian before! It was... so tragic when he went missing. I didn't know him too well, and I wish I got to know him better." Sam's smile fell, replaced with a small frown. "Could you perhaps tell me a bit more about him?"

Scar's eyes scanned Sam for a quick second before landing back to the hot drink."He was cheerful... kind... shy, but energetic when you get to know him... Adorable..." Scar's hand moved to his face, fingers parted so he could still see. Tears filled his eyes. Thinking back on every memory he had with Grian...

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. You don't need to talk about it anymore..." A smile returned on Sam's face. "Just drink your coffee. That'll make you feel better."

"Right..." Scar felt the hot liquid run down his throat, across his tongue.

Half a cup left... Did he drink it that quickly?

Huh- it's empty... Scar stared in the bottom of the cup. When did he finish? Didn't he still have most of it left? Scar's hand held his eyes, his eyes blinking quickly. Everything was getting blurry...

"Scar, are you alright?"

"I- I'm fine- I just...." Those emerald eyes dart quickly, trying to readjust. His hand reached for his crutches, but he felt a hand on his wrist.

"You don't seem good... I can drive you home, if you need. I don't want to see you try to walk like this... It's probably just a headache, but it's better to be safe."

"S-sure..." Why did Scar agree? He didn't know.

He sat in the seat next to a boy he met less than an hour ago. Sam drove. The world blurred around him. Wait- had he told Sam where his address was?

"Did I say where my apartment is?"

"Yep. You did."

Did he...? Scar couldn't remember.

(947 words)

To be continued....