Life Hurts Part 2 [HC 7] (Hurt/comfort) {JoeHills}

This is part two to "Life Hurts" So it's best that you read that one first

This was a request, they have wanted to stay anonymous. They requested for a part two of Life Hurts with therapy.

TWs: Mention of suicide, feeling useless (?)

Hope you enjoy!

------------------------

"Cleooooooo! Lemme goooooooo!" Joe whined as the zombie pulled him along. A long sigh was drawn through the redhead's lips as she continued towards the building that Joe themself owned.

"Joe, you own this damn building. It should be comfortable, yes?"

"Cleeeoooooooooo.... I don't need therapy!"

"You agreed with me yesterday when I asked if I should talk to Doc about this." Cleo stopped to look at Joe with a soft glance, "Joe, you know you need this. You know it'll be good for you..."

Joe shifted to look at the ground, mumbling, "I know, but I'm still nervous... I'm normally the one being the therapist- not the other way around!"

"You know the importance of therapy." Cleo placed a comforting hand on the other's head, "I can come in with you if that'd make you more comfortable."

Joe shook his head, "I'll go in myself..."

"You sure?"

"Mhmmm...."

"I'm proud of you, Joe." Cleo smiled, "Probably should head in now? Don't want to leave Doc waiting."

"Right!"

"Joe, how are you feeling today?" Doc asked glanced to the shorter who took a seat across for him.

"Better than some days, but not the best..." Joe mumbled, adding, "It feels weird to be on the other side of this. I'm the one who normally does this-"

"That's totally fair, but you understand why this is good for you, correct?"

"Mhmm."

"Well, Joe, what has been bothering you? Remember, you don't have to tell me anything you're uncomfortable with."

"I can't finish anything..." With a long sigh, Joe went on a small ramble, "I can't finish anything I start! Poems left unfinished- Projects left abandoned! There is so much I'm expected to do, but I can't do any of it! It- I feel like I've lost any skills I may have once had- Nothing sounds right, nothing looks right..."

"And this is what led to the recent... event?"

"I'm you're referring to me falling off a building, yes."

Doc cleared his throat, "You know as well as I do that suicide isn't the solution to anything. But that doesn't stop the irrational thoughts to believe that is the best escape."

"Life can just feel overbearing, and difficult..."

"Of course, life is difficult. That isn't something to sugarcoat, but you only have this one life." Doc thought for a moment before continuing, "Do you believe being able to work on things that are left unfinished would help you? It could also be good to step away from everything for a bit longer to try to sort out more of what you find the problem to be."

"I... I don't know."

"I think, take a step away from any work. Just have fun, and hangout with the other hermits. And, we can continue these sessions to try to help with your issue." Doc suggested, "For what I know about you, having a lot of pressure to focus on one thing doesn't work. So, spreading out these sessions and just letting you take a break will probably work best."

Joe nodded lightly. "Doc... Thank you."

"Of course, just doing my job."

(492 words)