One - The Arrogant Prince

"Stop crying! Lyanna tell your daughter to stop crying!" Some old servant hissed as Elyana tried wiping off her tears on her face. Lyanna could only watch her daughter in sadness. How could she tell her to stop crying? The girl went from living a comfortable life to becoming a servant of the Red Keep in the span of six moons. Anybody would cry, anybody would mourn the life they had lost.

Elyana Rotchamsey was rather unlucky. Everything she had ever known was taken from her. Every dress, every jewel, every diadem, any rich she had ever held in her grasp was snatched from her in the matter of moons. Her life had taken a turn for the worse, and she had no say over it. She went from living a lavish life to now taking a tour of the servant quarters of the Red Keep.

All Elyana could ask herself was 'why?'.

Well she already knew why.

Her father had died in a tragic tourney accident. He was trampled by his own horse leaving his wife and only daughter with nothing but their savings, which was not a lot. They could live a comfortable life, but it was not enough to build a fund.

And that fund was not enough to maintain them so after just a few moons they were struggling to even get bread on their table. And so Elyana's mother scrambled to find a job, and was given an opportunity by the Queen Alicent to come on as a maid for her. It was humiliating , truly. A well respected Lady having to become a servant of the Red Keep was unheard of. But then the gold she was paid was not enough.

The solution? Also bringing Elyana to the castle to work as a servant.

Her position some would say was rather lucky, others would say unlucky as Elyana was chosen to become the Prince Aemond's new handmaiden. She would have preferred to serve the Queen, or maybe the Princess Helaena whom she had heard was kind but Aemond?

It was an honorable enough position but Elyana was terrified as she had heard terrible things about her new master.

"This is where you will sleep Elyana. It is a rather small room but it will do for yourself. These are the dresses you are to wear." The servant, whose name was Marryan, told the girl. She was an older lady whom some called 'Mother of all Servants' as she had been working in the castle ever since the late King Jaehaerys.

Elyana nodded as another tear escaped her treacherous eyes. She hated crying, despised it. But how could she not cry? She was mourning her father and the life she left behind.

"Stop crying." Her mother whispered softly as Elyana nodded her head slowly, once again wiping away the tears that fell from her eyes.

"Well now that you have seen the servant quarters and were given a proper tour of the castle, you can change into your servant dress. I believe the Prince Aemond is already expecting you in his chambers." Elyana nodded as her mother and Marryan left her alone in her new room.

Elyana wanted to die. It was the tiniest space she had ever been in. It just held a bed and a desk, all cramped up together. And a small window hovered over the bed. Maybe she was being dramatic, maybe she should be grateful she even had a roof over her head but she didn't care. She just wanted her life back.

The girl changed into the red dress that was stained with the gods know what and then put on the also dirty overalls over it. She did not even have a looking glass to see herself in. She wiped off some more tears from her face and took a deep breath, finally composing herself enough to exit her new tiny chamber. 

Elyana walked through the Red Keep slowly, dreading to reach Prince Aemond's apartments. She was scared of the man she was now to serve, as she had heard all sorts of things about him. Supposedly he was cruel and evil, and some say he would use maids to his own pleasure. Others would say he had a gaping disgusting hole under his eye patch.