Thirty Three - The Beggar Prince

Elyana brushed her hair aggresively as she looked into the looking glass of the vanity in Aemond's chambers.

And only one thing was on her mind. Darra. Her supposed friend and her treacherous words ran through her mind at a rapid pace, and the feelings of betrayal spread through her body like wildfire.

A social climbing slut. The words hurt, but only because they were said by someone that she trusted. Someone that she prayed was good. She had sent Dyana away and trusted Darra that day. She should not have done that.

She suddenly felt like the dumbest of all. She should have seen it coming when Darra chastised her for Angelyna, and when she ran to Aemond when Elyana explicitly asked her not to tell anyone.

But to tell Erryk that she was a 'social-climbing slut'. That one surprised her. When did Darra and Erryk even become friends?

"What are you wearing?" Elyana turned to see Aemond staring at her from the door of the bedchamber with a raised brow. Elyana pressed her lips and rolled her eyes. Not in the mood for his attitude.

"That's the first thing you want to say to me after our nuptials?" Elyana asked as she turned back to the looking glass to continue her hair brushing.

"That is the ugliest dress I have ever seen. It looks like something my mother would wear." Aemond stated as he moved to change his own clothing. And he cursed when he opened his wardrobe. "Where the fuck are my tunics?" He groaned.

"Oh... I had Marina throw them in that chest in the corner." Elyana pointed to a brown dusty chest. "I had to make way for my dresses." She shrugged nonchalantly, though the faintest of smirks tugged at the corner of her lips.

"Of course you did." Aemond groaned and moved to open the chest. "For your information, the dress was commissioned for me by your mother." Elyana answered.

She did not really like it, but she did not complain. It was a long sleeved green gown, with a Seven-Pointed star in the middle of her chest. She would not have chosen it for herself but all of the dresses that had been sent for her were of the likeness.

"What about the ones I had sent for you all of those moons ago?" Aemond asked her. And she gulped.

"Those. Yeah, those I shredded to pieces with the dagger I stole from you the day you exposed my sex to Erryk and then called me pathetic for loving you." She smiled sarcastically at him. 

His jaw tensed at the words. Of couse he would get angry. He was livid that she did that to his gift, and livid that she would bring what he did up again so casually. But he did not say anything. He untensed his jaw and fixed his tunic and doublet up. "No matter. You look beautiful in that dress."

Then he whispered with a smirk, "Even if you look like Helaena's septa." Elyana gasped and threw the hairbrush at his figure, making him chuckle slightly.

"I jest, my love. Though I will order more dresses be made for you. I do not wish my wife to be a reflection of my mother. Tis unsettling." Aemond stated and came to stand behind her, draping his strong arms over her figure and planting a kiss at the top of her head.

Elyana could not help the smile that crept unto her face as she looked at him through the looking glass. She wanted to ignore him and act angry at him, but he was just... him.

"We have wed... yet you've been neglecting me since your travels back from the North. We must consummate our marriage." He said smugly. "Or do it again. Since we consummated it plenty of times before ever wedding."