Fifty - The Prince Regent

A person can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness and Elyana knew that was what bounded her to Aemond. She also knew that her and Aemond no longer made any sense, and it made her sick to her stomach. Now and then, she thought of all the times he screwed her over. She remembered how he always let her believe that it was something that she did or said, back when she was just his measly maid.

Elyana watched as Aemond held court for the first time as King, or as Prince Regent, as he called himself. She stood with Lucia faithfully at her side, and Elyana could not brush off the sense of doom that settled in the pit of her stomach. She watched Aemond carefully, watched as he sat the godforsaken Iron Throne as if he were born to it.

His deepest desire had been served to him in a golden platter.

The nobles at the court seemed desperate to learn of Aegon's condition, to know what came next— what would happen if Aegon succumbs to his injuries. "If the King passes, the Prince Regent Aemond will continue to lead us into the war. As the King was brought back to the Keep, he confided in me that he wished his younger and faithful brother inherit the throne." Cole responded with a stern voice, making all of the nobles go quiet.

"If the King passes, the prince regent would become the reigning and rightful King of the Seven Kingdoms." Gasps erupted around the Great Hall at the news of the new line of succesion, and Elyana felt like she had just been slapped across the face.

If Aegon dies, Aemond becomes King. If Aemond becomes King, he will need an heir.

Lucia turned to look at Elyana with wide eyes, her hand moving to take hers in a supportive manner. Criston turned to Aemond, "The crown suits you, your grace."

Aemond smirked cockily, "It looks better on me than it ever did on my brother, does it not?" he asked, his eyes briefly darting over to his wife.

Criston gave him one nod of the head, then he continued addressing more doubts and questions from the nobles. Elyana watched Aemond stoicly, her mind drifting to what Larys had said. Aemond and the Baratheon girls. Aemond would cast her side, she was sure— the question was, when would it happen?

Court was dismissed soon enough, though before Elyana could exit the hall— she was addressed by Aemond. "Wife, may you stay with me a moment?" He asked her, and when she turned to him— she gave him a small nod.

Aemond then proceeded to dismiss every living soul from the hall, leaving the pair alone.

"Yes, Aemond?" She asked him, remaining in her place from before— she did not wish to get close t0 him sitting the throne. It would make everything too real for her, more real than how it was.

Aemond smirked, "Why don't you come closer, dear?" he asked her, his one eye staring directly at her. It was like he could see her soul. Elyana wanted to roll her eyes at him, but she did not. She approached him slowly, though she remained in the bottom step of the stairs that led to the throne.

"For someone who used to say I was her King when I stuffed her cunt with my cock, you sure look miserable right now. Or does my eye deceive me?" Aemond told her, his one eye narrowing on his wife intently.

Elyana owlishly blinked at him, remaining quiet— as she had no idea what to do or say. What should she say? What should she do?

Aemond hummed, "Something is on your mind, Elyana. Now, will you tell me? Or will you simply stand there blinking at me?" when silence followed, he frowned.

"I demand you to answer me, Elyana. Why are you being like this?" He inquired, and when she remained silent once more, he stood up from his place at the throne and came down the stairs slowly— only stopping when he was within arm's reach of her.