Fourteen - The Perplexed Prince

Aemond waking up with Elyana Rotchamsey tangled in his arms was... something. It was something that he never thought would happen to him. Holding a servant close to his chest? Never thought it possible. A few months ago he would be repulsed at the idea. But now he held her as she slept, and he couldn't help his wondering eye. He wasn't even staring at her body or anything, he was analyzing her face.

Her nose, her lips, the way her chest rose and fell so peacefully. She was perfectly curated, perfectly made. Her breathing was so soft, her face so angelic, she was just beautiful beyond words.

Aemond was so confused with himself. Who was this man holding this woman so lovingly and sweetly? He almost wanted to push her off him, to kick her out of his chambers and never have her come back. He feared this had grown out of his control. He knew his feelings were more than just lustful ones.

But he wasn't going to do that, he wanted her here. He wanted Elyana to wake up in his arms every single morning. The prince took one last look at her and then gently set her off of him, laying her down on the pillow. He sat up and took his satin sheets off him, standing up to get ready for his training.

"Mm, don't go." Elyana mumbled, reaching out to hold his hand gently. Aemond froze in place, turning slightly to look at Elyana who was gazing up at him with tired eyes.

"I have to go into traning." He answered, his voice soft. A softness that was not characteristic of the prince. He almost didn't recognize his voice. "But stay with me... please?" She pleaded, tugging at his hand slightly. Aemond took one small breath and nodded gently.

"Only for a few minutes." He mumbled and got back into bed. She nuzzled into him and Aemond was so shocked at his actions, he almost ran out of the room. What was he becoming? Why was he letting this common maid sleep on his bed, and even cuddle him?

Elyana fell asleep once more and after some minutes, Aemond finally got up and got ready for his training. When he exited his chambers, he was met with his foolish knight. "Prince Aemond." The knight greeted him, and for some reason it irritated Aemond. This cunt had left Elyana in the city by herself.

"Cargyll, you are dismissed for the day. I do not want to see you around my chambers until futher notice." Aemond spoke nonchalantly, not even giving Erryk time to respond as he turned around and waltzed down the hallway.

Before getting to the courtyard, Aemond decided to get Criston Cole to bring a dress and jewels for Elyana to wear when she wakes. He knew the knight of the Kingsguard was loyal to him and his family, and he would do whatever Aemond asked without contest.

But Ser Criston had his questions and contests about what Prince Aemond was asking for him to do. "My prince, if you do not mind my intrusion... Have you taken this maid as your paramour?" Criston asked, a question that made Aemond raise his brow at the knight.

"I do mind your intrusions. Why do you think it appropriate to question my personal endeavors, Cole?" Aemond asked in a bitter tone.

"Of course it is not, my prince. But I care deeply for you... That girl... She's been seeing Erryk Cargyll." Ser Criston lowered his voice. "It's all the servants talk about these days." Aemond's blood boiled at the words.

"Who cares? It's not like he'll be the one to take her maidenhead." Aemond answered smugly, and this made Criston widen his eyes at the bold statement. Aemond really fucking cared and he was going to make sure to nip that little affair in the bud.

"Prince Aemond... should you really dirty yourself with a scummy servant? You are a prince of the blood." Criston spoke and he did have a good point.

It was not logical that Aemond was focusing his energies on a woman he would never marry, but he had passed the line of logic a long time ago.