Forty Six - Conniving

Elyana felt guilty when she got ready the morning after Aegon agreed to give her a place on his council. As Lucia helped her ready for the first meeting she would attend, her fingertips were trembling and her heart was threatening to leap out of her chest. Anxiety was all that she felt in that moment.

Lucia was trying to talk to her but she was barely listening, her mind was trying to come up with an excuse to give to Aemond when he inevitably questioned her. Because she knew that what she had done was wrong.

"You are amazing. I do not know how you've gone and done it but seating in at council is huge. My father has been trying for ages but never gets his foot in." Lucia gushed as she tied up Elyana's bodice. She knew that Lucia was only being kind and trying to keep her entertained, but Elyana really wanted her to shut up.

Elyana remained silent as she watched herself in the looking glass. She hated looking the mirror these days, she would rather prefer to stare directly at the sun. She wore a green dress, in spirit of the green council that she was joining.

After she was ready for the day, she headed down to the council chamber with Lucia and Conrad in tow. And when they stood in front of the council chamber doors, she turned to them with a solemn look on her face.

Lucia gave her an assuring smile and Conrad a nod, "You will be great, my lady. I am so sure of it. You deserve it, I can not think of anyone that deserves it more." Conrad said, though Elyana was sure that he was lying. But she appreciated the sentiment.

Loads of people knew more of war and the realm, though she was the one that would help dictate the future of Westeros, not them.

"Look at you, Lothston. Getting all emotional and shit, I thought you had no personality." Lucia joked, making Elyana chuckle lightly. She was the one person that could turn her mood from sour to sweet in the matter of seconds.

"I do have a personality, Risley, I just do not care to show it to you." Conrad snarked back in a lighthearted manner, making Lucia nudge his shoulder.

"Shut up. I liked you better when you took your job seriously and stayed quiet." Lucia laughed.

"Okay okay, you two go bicker somewhere else. I have a council to go into." And with that, the two guards posted outside of the council chambers opened the doors for her. She then stepped into the room, holding her hands together to stop anyone from seeing her visibly shaking.

Puzzled faces stared back at her as she went in, but her eyes instantly searched for her husband, who in response stood up with a confused look.

"Has something happened, my love?" Aemond asked her, his eye seemingly worried as it looked over to his wife. Elyana was caught off guard by his question, and the look on his face only made her feel even more guilty. She looked to Aegon who was staring at his brother with an amused smirk on his face.

"You don't know, brother?" Aegon asked while yawning, "Elyana is the newest addition to my council. S he is a great asset to our side." He finished, making the men that sat around the table gasp in extreme shock.

Aemond stared stoicly at his brother for a few seconds, then he looked back to his wife, who looked away from him anxiously. Elyana's darted around the council chamber, looking at everything but Aemond.