Three - The Drunk Prince

A week flew by rather quickly for Elyana. After the little scolding in the gardens, Prince Aemond had been rather stern on the girl yet he barely called on her. She would mostly only bring him his meals to his chambers, and stand outside until he needed something. He was always cold and stoic, and most times he would barely even look at her. It was the best thing she could ask for, to fly under his radar.

Life at the Red Keep could have been worse for her. It still was not at all ideal but as she was mostly ignored by her master, she spent most time helping her own mother or Darra with their chores. Darra was a good girl, and just four years younger than Elyana so the pair had gotten closer.

They had bonded tremendously over just a few days as Darra always helped Elyana serve Prince Aemond's meals and whenever free she would follow Elyana around the Red Keep. She always had something new to tell Elyana, as Darra was rather keen on gossip. And boys. Darra loved boys.

"Yesterday I watched Ser Criston Cole spar with Prince Aemond... I must say it. The prince is a fine piece of man." Darra breathed out as she entered Elyana's quarters uninvited. Darra was the kind of person to make herself feel at home anywhere. Elyana rolled her eyes playfully as she folded some rags over her small desk.

"That fine piece of man is a pain in my ass." Elyana huffed out as Darra laughed loudly.

"He's so good to look at though, even if he's the worst human alive." Darra contested as Elyana gave her a look of disapproval. Aemond was terrible and cruel.

"Darra... I am tired. Why are you here?" Elyana asked annoyed as Darra shrugged her shoulders, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"I happen to be bored." The girl answered, making Elyana sigh. She had never had a little sister, but she was sure it must be just like this. Although even if annoyed with her, she greatly appreciated the young Darra. She had taken Elyana's mind off her father and off the terrible prince.

"Well... I am going to sleep." Elyana stated as Darra grunted and left the room all dramatically.
Elyana smiled at her antics and shut the door behind Darra. The girl got ready and slipped into her bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

-

"Young lady." Elyana was slightly shaken awake. Her eyes opened to find an armored knight hovering over her. Elyana shrieked as she rushed covered herself with her bed sheets. Her chest rose and fell as her breathing became uneven, she was terrified of the strange man towering over her.

"I am sorry to startle you, my lady, but it is the prince." The knight informed Elyana as looked at her little window. The moon was still out. What could the prince possibly want? He should be asleep by now. Elyana wanted to scream profanities at the knight, and maybe at the prince too. How could they be so unconsiderate?

"What does he want?" Elyana asked as she stood from her bed as fast as she could. She engulfed herself in a flimsy coat she had brought to the castle and slipped in her small slippers unto her feet. The knight watched her every move, although he tried averting his eyes a few times. The girl was beautiful.

"He is drunk. He needs tending." The knight said simply as Elyana huffed. Just what she needed, to tend to a drunk prince. Elyana and the knight walked quietly to Prince Aemond's chambers, and as they walked she could feel the knight staring at her. So she looked at him too.

"Is the prince drunk a lot?" Elyana asked quietly as the knight shook his head in response. "Not at all. He barely does drink, but he made a bet with his brother. And unfortunately he lost." The knight informed her as she sighed and nodded her head. How dumb is that?