Nine - The Defiant Maid

Elyana awaited awake for two hours that night for Erryk Cargyll to come and pick her up at her quarters. Two hours. And he never came.

Elyana was angry and sad, but eventually she got ready for bed.

What had happened? He had kissed her and then he had just disappeared. Did she do soemthing wrong? Had something happened to him? Did he regret the kiss?

She fell asleep rather quickly and was woken up to a loud knock on her door the next morning. She opened the door to her tiny servant quarters to find Erryk standing there with a rather apologetic look on his face. He was holding a large wooden box in his hands as he stood there. Elyana crossed her arms over her chest in an angry stance as she stared at him.

"Elyana... I am so sorry. I swear I can explain." He spoke as quickly as the door swung open. Elyana pressed her lips together and eyed him, then nodding as if willing him to continue on to his explanation. It better be a good one.

"It was the prince... he um... he ordered me to go into the city with Criston Cole. He ordered me to go buy... dresses." Erryk muttered, making Elyana's gaze fall to the box he held. It was full of different colored silks. "They're for you." Erryk said in a dull tone as he set the box down on Elyana's small desk, and then moved to bring in even more boxes. For her?!

"For me? What?" Elyana was well confused as she eyed the boxes that were entirely full of fine dresses. Why would the prince order him to get dresses for her? Was he insane?

"Yeah..." Erryk reached up to scratch the back of his neck awkwardly. "I mean no offense, but why would the prince buy you dresses? I-I... Are you sleeping with him?" Elyana gasped more than loudly at the accusations.

"What?! Why would you ask me that? Are you serious?!" Elyana was horrified and in shock at Erryk's words, and soon his face turned into a rather guilty looking one.

"Well I don't know! The way he spoke of you... He said you were rather pretty to look at! I just thought... since you spend so much time in his chambers..." Erryk clearly felt guilty at the accusation he had hurled at her. But was he wrong to think that? It was strange for the prince to want to buy her dresses.

"I am not sleeping with the Prince Aemond. Do you think me of the likeness to entangle myself in an affair? Really? Have you thought me to have no honor?" Elyana was clearly offended that Erryk would even think her capable. She thought he respected her.

"I'm sorry, okay? I just- I got jealous. Having to pick dresses for you, that were commissioned by another man... It was hellish." Erryk confessed as Elyana took a deep breath. She could imagine.

"It's fine. Honestly I've no idea what is wrong with that man. He clearly has hit his head or something. First wanting to teach me philosophy and now this? I don't know what he thinks he is doing." Elyana was angry. Although a little intrigued at what Aemond's intentions were.

"But I promise... I will put a stop to this. I am not some little pet." She reassured Erryk, earning a smile from the knight. "Let me get dressed in my uniform and then we'll head back to his chambers." She told Erryk, who nodded his head and exited her quarters so she could get dressed.

Elyana was angry as she got dressed in her maid dress. She was not going to give him the satisfaction of wearing one of the dresses he had gotten her. She had no idea at what the prince was playing at, but she did not wish to play with him. That little outburst yesterday, trying to control her, wanting to teach her, and now this? What was he even thinking?

Elyana was ready and so she walked alongside Erryk all the way to Aemond's chambers. She was nervous whenever she entered, but Erryk was sure to whisper a supportive sweet nothinf in her ear before entering. And it helped her gain some confidence to stand up to Aemond.