Twenty Five - The Maid He Trapped

Elyana thought her body might get dehydrated by all of the tears she shed on that fateful day that she learned she was carrying Aemond Targaryen's bastard. She screeched and cursed so loudly that anyone passing by the prince's chambers thought there was a woman being tortured inside. And there was, Aemond was mentally torturing her. Even Ser Arryk worried for her, and he did not even like her.

He admitted to intentionally swapping the tea so that she would become with child and then he simply laughed when she lost her mind on him, taunting her, teasing her. He was pleased, he wanted it. He wanted her to need him, to run to him. Elyana was disgusted and now she awaited for him to be back from telling the Queen of his doings.

Hours had passed and Aemond had not returned, she was sure the Queen would flip out on him. And she was fearful that they would send her to the Wall; or to Dorne. She knew that the Queen Alicent was highly religious and righteous, surely she would not let her son sire a bastard in these castle walls.

Elyana wanted to die, but first she wanted to kill Aemond. She thought of her mother and her stomach flipped on itself. She would be so highly disappointed, more so than the disappointment she felt when Elyana gave away her honor to Aemond. She thought of her father, a good knight, a righteous man. And she knew he must be rolling in his grave.

She sat on the floor because she refused to lay in the bed where Aemond had taken her all of those times. And she refused to sit in places his wretched body had sat in, so she sat on the ground, knees to her chest and tears decorating her face.

Erryk. His name circled her mind like a haunt. She shouldn't have given herself to Aemond. She should have married Erryk, and maybe now she would carry his legitimate child instead. Aemond had once told her that he was not fond of bastards, so she was confused as to why he had done this. And she convinced herself that he was just sick in the head. Maybe his brain had been affected when his eye was taken.

Who knows if he simply did that to remind her of what he stole, for eternity, and then just throw her out into the streets?

Door open and door shut, she did not look at him. She saw his black boots standing in front of her, and she swallowed, her gaze fixed on the ground as she felt him staring at her.

"Look at me." He ordered, but she didn't. She stared at the floor, and she would stay in that position until they dragged her out by her hair to throw her to the streets, possibly.

Shoulders were grabbed and lifted her body was to stand up to meet his cruel eye. Chin grabbed as he brought her face close to his. She had no choice but to look at him.

"Why do you keep crying? I've really done you a favor." Her mouth fell open at his words. He had to be jesting... he could not possibly be so delusional.

"You surely jest." She said as he released her chin and brought that hand to cup her cheek. He sighed and shook his head. "I am not one to jest, thought you would know that after everything we've been through." He told her, his eyes running over her features slowly.

"What is it going to be? Silent Sisters? The Wall? Dorne? The streets?" She asked him, and she felt herself growing more angry at him than she already was. If that was possible.

"You really think I would send my child and my wife to any of those places?" Everything stopped. Every single thing. Even the blood that pumped through her veins stopped.

She saw red and heard ringing in her ears as she stared at that sickening smirk that happened upon his face. No. No. No. No. She blinked one time, then two times, and then three times.