Seven - The Obssesive Prince

Aemond watched as Elyana read quietly next to him the reading he assigned to her. His one eye was burning her face, and it would not leave her body. No matter how many times he tried to pry his eye off her, he could not. He hated that he wanted to watch her and that he wanted to stare at her.

Aemond's little viewing party was interrupted by a slight knock to his doors, and without him even answering his mother, the Queen, was bursting into his chambers uninvited. Gods he hated whenever she did that. Alicent stopped in her tracks as she noticed Elyana sitting next to the prince, and the maid stood hastily to curtsy as she noticed the queen.

"Your grace." Elyana mumbled nervously as she darted her gaze to the ground and away from the Queen. "Oh... Elyana Rotchamsey, is it? I've been eager to meet you." Alicent said coldly, her eyes darting to the philosophy book the maid held in her hands. Eager to meet her? Why would his mother be eager to meet a maid?

"Yes, your grace." Elyana answered as Alicent gave her a tiny smile. "It is good to finally meet you. You are as pretty as your mother described.... Now will you be so kind as to leave me with my son, dearest?" Alicent asked Elyana. The girl nodded her head and rested the book on Aemond's desk, scrambling off out of his apartments.

As soon as the door shut behind Elyana, Alicent eyed her son dubiously. "Why was she sitting with you on your desk? Were you drinking wine with her?" Alicent questioned as she eyed the desk.

"Because I wanted her to." Aemond answered nonchalantly as he stood to face his mother, who gave him a disapproving look.

"I allow you to have private servants because I know you will not be as depraved as your brother is. I do hope you remain that way. That girl has been through enough." Alicent scolded him as he raised a brow.

"How would you know what she's been through?" He asked, a certain discerning tone on his voice.

"Do you not? Everybody in the castle knows. Her father was a true knight, a high member of the City Watch. How come you do not know this? Have you truly payed her no regards?" Alicent asked as Aemond racked his brain trying to think if he ever asked her. Then he remembered, the day they met... How he dismissed her when she tried telling him about her father's death.

"Huh... I did not know. So she is not some worthless servant picked up from the scums of King's Landing?" Aemond asked, clearly intrigued. So he wouldn't stain himself if he touched her?

"No servant is worthless, Aemond! You treat your help with respect, is that clear?" Alicent berated him, making him roll his one eye ever so subtly.

"Hmm... So if she comes from a good put off family, why is she serving me now? What happened to her?" Aemond asked in confusion. Surely her family must have had some gold, why was she serving him now?

"When her father died, her mother was not able to manage what remained of their fortune and so they lost it all. Those two poor women fell from grace, she lost a father and her life... I took her mother in because I could not bear the thought of those two good women rotting away in the streets of the city." Alicent answered as Aemond hummed.

"So treat her well, and leave her honor intact. She does not need any more falling from grace." Alicent ordered. Aemond could not help the small smirk that toyed at his lips. He was already making plans for Elyana. Good plans.

"I came here to talk about your future bethrothed. We should pick someone soon, Aemond. Your father's death will knock at our door soon and we have to gather as much allies as we can." Alicent told him. Aemond pressed his lips together at the mention of the topic.