Two - The Pretty Maid

Elyana was not called upon by the prince for the rest of her day, so she helped her mother with her tasks during the noon to busy herself. And when the moon rose, she retreated back to her chamber to rest for the night.

Elyana got ready for bed, putting on some flimsy nightgown she was given by Marryan. Gods everything just made her wish to cry. How did her life get here? Why did the Gods have to take her father? Was it because she didn't pray enough? Was it because they were testing her? Why did they have to snatch her father? And her life with him?

It felt humiliating having to serve such an arrogant man as the Prince Aemond. After his little show yesterday she was truly scared of him. He had insinuated some bewildering things, and she was afraid he would eventually do expect some other things from her. The thought made her stomach churn, literally.

The worst part was that he was terrible. But he seemed so handsome. His whole appearance was just an entire dream. He almost looked like an angel, too bad that when he opened his mouth he turned into the devil.

That night Elyana fell asleep with a pit in the bottom of her stomach, and was woken with some knight barging into her tiny room aggresively. "Get up. Prince Aemond is requesting your presence!" The knight would yell.

Elyana grunted as she rubbed her eyes to look at the terrifying man staring down at her. She moved to cover herself with her wool sheets as the knight left the girl's small quarters. Elyana breathed a sigh of relief as she was left alone. Gods she didn't even have privacy here.

She got dressed as quickly as she could in her servant attire and scrambled towards the Prince Aemond's chambers. She was quick to reach his apartments, and made her way inside quietly.

"You called, my prince?" Elyana asked, trying to sound as confident as she could muster to. He sat on his chair, shirtless with just some leather pants on. He held a goblet of what could be assumed to be wine in his right hand. His eyepatch covered his missing eye as it always did.

"Elyana." Aemond's voice was cold and harsh. His face remained stoic, with nary a trace of emotion in his lone visible eye. Elyana gulped as he acknowledged her.

"I am going out riding with my brother. I have a request... Please fetch me something out of my chambers to wear." He spoke in a tone that brooked no refusal, and as Elyana turned to leave, he spoke once more.

"And make it quick. I do not wish to keep my brother waiting." He said sternly as Elyana nodded her head, scrambling into his bedchamber to find something for him to wear riding. What do people wear to ride on dragons? Elyana though to herself as she looked through the prince's wardrobe. How was she supposed to know what to pick? Why was he so lazy that he couldn't pick an outfit himself?

After a few minutes of racking her brain, she decided on a rather plain black leather outfit that she reckoned would be good for him to wear. She excited to his main chamber where he was sitting with the clothes, making him smirk up at her.

"Good. Now get me dressed." Aemond ordered as Elyana frowned. Why couldn't he just dress himself? What did he need a servant for that? Gods, so entitled.

But alas, she complied. She moved to where the prince stood and began with the silky shirt she had picked for him. She gulped as her fingers would now and then accidentally grace his bare chest, even if she really tried not to touch him. Whenever she felt his cold skin on her own, she would almost shudder in response.

Aemond could sense her inner turmoil. He was used to seeing fear from his inferiors; he'd even learned to take a degree of pleasure from it. The way she shuddered at his touch was all the better. His lip curled into a cold, amused smile.