Forty Seven - hoax

hoax - Taylor Swift

Being in love with Aemond Targaryen was something pleasant, Elyana came to find. It was like flying— and flying was nice, very nice. Flying was nice until you fell and hit the ground— until the bone crush. She remembered how it felt like to want him, when he was the untouchable and cold prince. She remembered her defiance and how he treated her.

The cruelty and the sheer callousness with which he treated her, the ways he made her feel like nothing. Elyana Rotchamsey remembered it all as if had happened the day before. She used to hate those memories, she used to thank the Gods that it was over. That war was over. It was funny how she thought that was bad, how she thought that was war. She was a fool to think that a few weeks ago, because she had no idea what was awaiting her.

Because that cruelty and ruthlessness that he used to show her was better than fighting with him after knowing how good he could be. At least then she knew where she stood, and now she knew nothing. Now she was left in the absolute dark with nobody to guide her.

Elyana was not a dumb girl, she knew that she was much more than that. Her father used to tell her that she was bright, that she was much smarter than girls her age. Elyana stared at the council table with a stoic expression on her face as her mind reeled; because apparently all that she could do these days was reel and seeth.

The men around the table planned to sack Duskendale and the new Hand suggested that they behead Lord Darklyn for supporting Rhaenyra, proving that Criston Cole had a much more aggressive strategy than his predecessor. Which Elyana knew— obviously.

The planning to take their army to the Crownlands began after Criston suggested that every prisoner of the Keep be tried for treason and hanged, so that Aegon be feared among the common and noblefolk. Harsh, thought Elyanabut her mind was too occupied worrying about her fight with her husband to even care.

"Your grace, respectfully, why is this lady here if she will not speak? Ever since the session resumed she has been sitting there like a ghost." Jasper protested, motioning to Elyana, who scowled at him in return.

"You have been awfully quiet, Elyana." Aegon said, though she could only look at Aemond who was looking at anything but her. It was driving her insane.

Elyana then looked around the table, gulping as all eyes fell upon her with more than scrutinizing gazes. She took a small breath, assessing what they had been discussing in the background of her thoughts for the last thirty minutes, racking her brain for something clever to say. Jasper then chuckled, "She should be thrown into the dungeons for wasting our tim-"

"Do you ever just shut up, my lord? All that you seem to do is run your mouth, good Gods." Elyana scoffed, looking at him with a scrunched up nose in sheer disgust. If she had more power she would behead him for being so annoying, she thought.

Aegon stifled a laugh, and Criston Cole shook his head— though Elyana could see the ghost of a smirk on the corner of his lips. "You are despicable, did you know that?" Jasper asked, and clearly he had serious problems with Elyana— though she had just learned of them. She cared little for his issues with her, she was sure they were only there because he cared too much about what she had in between her legs.

Elyana looked to Aemond, who remained unfazed and stoic at the sheer disrespect that Jasper had just thrown her way. Where was the man that so gallantly defended her against anyone and everyone? She composed herself quickly and smiled.

"Despicable? Perhaps, yet I am still here so you are more than welcomed to deal with it. And if you must know, Jasper, I do have a suggestion for the King." Elyana told him and turned to Aegon. She inhaled a breath and licked her lips.