Thirty Two - The Prince She Controlled

The union between Elyana Rotchamsey and Prince Aemond Targaryen was an intimate one. Attended only by their families, and the Septon. And Criston Cole, because apparently he was everywhere the Queen went.

It was held in the sept of the Red Keep, in front of the great skull of Balerion. It was a hasty ceremony, held the morning after Elyana got back to the Red Keep.

Elyana was bored with all the praying and talking the Septon was doing, but she dared not show it. All she could do to ease her mind was stare up at Aemond with a small smile. And he would do the same, though his own smile was far wider than hers. He had won. He got what he wanted, obviously. And he was the happiest he had ever been.

"And with this I declare Lady Elyana Rotchamsey and Prince Aemond Targaryen one flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever and until the ends of time." Elyana gulped when she heard those words. Finally it dawned upon her that she was his wife. That she had married Aemond. These last few days had been a haze but now she stood here, and she was his for the rest of times.

Terrifying.

"You may now kiss your lady and wife." The Septon told the prince, and much to the dismay of his mother, he grabbed Elyana with all of the force in his body and engulfed her in a fiery kiss. Which she obviously returned.

Aegon would burst out laughing at the way his mother stared with a judgeful glare at their precocious display of affection, only for Alicent to glare at him after. "Can I go now? I am hungry." Aegon yawned when the couple pulled away.

"Yes, everyone is dismissed. Save for Lady Elyana. I have much to discuss with her." Queen Alicent ordered, and she moved to take Elyana's arm from Aemond's grasp, pulling her away from her son. Much to his chagrin.

The pair walked together out of the Sept trailed by Aemond and Criston, and Alicent turned to her son with pressed lips. "I said you were dismissed, Aemond. There is no reason to follow Elyana around like a lost hound." Alicent spoke bitterly.

Elyana stifled a laugh, much to his annoyance. Aemond rolled his one eye at his now wife and walked the other way. "Now that you are a lady, and a member of this family, you will be treated as such. You may choose at the very least two ladies-in-waiting." Alicent spoke as she guided Elyana throughout the Keep.

"Ser Criston plucked a newly named knight to be your sworn shield. Is that right, Ser Criston?" Alicent addressed her guard who nodded once.

"He is a promising knight, young but rather skilled and dutiful. Ascends from House Lothston." Ser Criston informed the two women.

"Marvelous. I am sure he will fulfill his duty rather well." Alicent stated as she turned a corner. "You may choose your own ladies. Do be wise with that, they will be your companions at court and will be your trusted allies when need be."

"It is imperative, Elyana, that you carry yourself with much grace from this moment foward. You are a lady fallen from grace that has been given one more chance at this. The lords and ladies of the court will not be happy to know of your marriage to Aemond. We are snubbing must Great Houses by agreeing for this marriage." Alicent stated matter-of-factly.

"You must do us proud. Carry yourself with grace and poise. You are a pretty girl, it came to no surprise that my son chose you as a paramour. Now you need to show the court that you are much more than just a pretty girl carrying the prince's child. More than a paramour turned princess." Elyana felt grateful for the advice the Queen was giving her, though it only made her nervous for court.

"I shall try, Queen Alicent. I thank you for the kindness you've shown me, and I am aware I was not even in the top hundred choices of a wife for Aemond." Elyana shrugged. She was self aware, at least.