Thirty Five - The Good Prince

FIVE MOONS LATER

"Where in the Seven Hells is Aemond?!" Elyana groaned as she paced her chambers with her hands covering her belly. "He said he would take little time in finding what I asked for."

"El... you know I adore you and your mood swings but you asked for freshly plucked carrots and freshly harvested fruits. That man must be trawling the fields trying to get the farmers to work faster." Lucia laughed dismissively as she practiced her stiching on her sewing wheel.

"I am starved! And tis not me who is asking, tis the babe. So Aemond better comply and fast, he put it in me so he deals with it." Elyana huffed and sprawled herself over her cushioned seat.

"Get Conrad in here. I have a request." Elyana told Lucia, who rolled her eyes teasingly and stood up from her seat. "Poor boy. I would hate to be on your service." Lucia laughed, making Elyana chuckle lightly.

Lucia peeked her head out of the chamber doors and called Conrad in. The knight appeared before Elyana with a small smile and a curt nod of his head. Ever so dutiful. "Conrad, will you please get the bard in here? I am bored and need music." Elyana yawned.

"Of course, my lady. Your wish is my command." And out the door he was in seek of a bard to play for her. Elyana sighed and leaned back, closing her eyes. "You look tired, Elyana. Are you resting well at night?" Lucia asked as she moved to sit besides her.

"Not at all. The babe is a little dragon. All he does is flip around my belly at night. It barely lets me get any shut eye." Elyana answered with her eyes still closed.

"See... one of the reasons why I do not want to wed and bear children. It sounds like a nightmare, but I will proudly be the little bandit's aunt." Lucia chuckled and grabbed a book from the tea table.

"Between the babe flying around my belly at night, and the Queen sending me on charity missions I feel like any day now I will collapse to the ground." Elyana sighed and looked at Lucia, who gave her an empathic smile.

"I do not understand how you have yet to smack the Queen in the face." Lucia yawned and Elyana gasped, swatting her arm due to the disrespectful words.

"Lucia! She is the Queen, you can not speak ill of her." Elyana stated sternly, only for her friend to shrug nonchalantly.

"She has had you running around the city doing the crown's charity while you are with babe! It is not fair on you. Why can't she trawl the city herself? She is the Queen after all." Lucia scoffed as Elyana pressed her lips together.

Elyana knew why. She knew that Alicent was using Elyana as a way to make the Crown seem open and more charitable. By letting a common servant into the royal family, the Hightower Queen seemed tolerable and kind.

Elyana did not really mind. If Alicent wanted to parade her around King's Landing just to gain the commoner's favor then she would let her. Elyana enjoyed doing charity work with the poor, and she enjoyed being the people's princess. The common folk loved Elyana.

"I do not mind my charity. I have helped tons of people. It is pleasant for me to give to the poor. I was once one of them." Elyana said and she meant each word.

"That does not change the fact that you are round with babe, Elyana. You should be resting and lounging about, not running through the city giving bread to the poor." Lucia pressed, and Elyana decided to drop the subject.