Thirty One - The Maid He Got Back

When Elyana was helped out of the carriage in the Red Keep's courtyard by the guards, she was relieved to be back home. She was relieved to be back in Aemond's proximity.

She straightened out her dress and looked around the yard, and most guards were confused at why a maid of the Keep was getting out of a Northern carriage but she did not care for their confused stares. Soon they would learn who she would become, and the power she would hold.

Elyana turned to the carriage and took off the fur that covered her shoulders, revealing a beautiful green dress gifted to her by Lady Arra Norrey the day that she departed back to the capital. "Elyana?" She could recognize that voice anywhere. And she was certainly not in the mood to hear it.

She turned to Arryk Cargyll, who was staring at her from the steps that led inside the Red Keep, and his face looked angered. She understood, but she did not care. Her goal was Aemond, no one or nothing more. She walked up the steps to the Red Keep and gave him a curtly nod.

"Ser Arryk." Elyana adressed him nonchalantly, passing him by, only for him to trail after her as she walked. Annoying.

"What are you doing here, Elyana? You were supposed to be in the North with my cousin." Arryk asked frantically, making her snarl slightly at his nagging. Did he think himself her father or something?

"I hated the North." She replied simply. Arryk stayed silent for a few seconds as he followed her around the Keep. "Are you serious? You are terrible! Did you know that? You are a selfish girl." She stopped her walking when she heard his words, turning to him angrily. His words were rude and totally uncalled for.

"Excuse you?" She asked. She did not expect to get to the Red Keep to be nagged on by some Kingsguard.

"My brother moved earth and sea to get you to the North, to help you flee the prince. And then a  few weeks later you're back for more? Is there something wrong in that pretty head of yours?" Arryk asked, only for her to roll her eyes at him notedly. Atleast he thought her pretty.

"And I am thankful for Erryk. He is great. Now just leave me alone." Elyana ordered and turned around, continuing her walking though she had no idea where Aemond was.

Arryk was baffled and shocked as he watched Elyana strut down the hallway and disappear when she turned the corner. He regretted ever showing her any mercy.

She walked with purpose to his chambers, bursting in only to find it empty. Seldom for a young girl who was sweeping the dust from his desk. Elyana raised a brow at her as the girl turned around to face her when she heard the door shut.

"Who are you?" Elyana asked. The mere thought of being replaced as a maid in his chambers made her angry at him. Surely nobody could replace her. Not even the young and pretty girl in front of her.

"I-I... Marina, my lady." The girl stuttered as Elyana eyed her. Had Aemond already tainted Marina like he did her? Had he already made a mark on her? Elyana could not help the intrusive jealous thoughts that ran her mind.

"How old are you, Marina?" Elyana asked slowly as she approached the servant, who looked scared for some odd reason.

"I um... I just turned ten and three two moons ago." Marina answered dubiously as she watched Elyana. A young one, surely Aemond would never lay a hand on a child.

"Has the prince been kind to you?" Elyana asked softly, trying to calm the skittish girl. Marina nodded her head rapidly, darting her eyes away from Elyana. Lying.

"You can tell me the truth. If he has done something to you..." Elyana let the words linger in the chambers. She did not need to explicitly state what she meant.