Forty Eight - Turned it Right Around

Try. Try. Try. Elyana had to try anything, everything— to keep Aemond interested and looking at her. A nightmare was what it was. She thought that the storm was over, that the war between them was over as soon as they wed— but it was not. Aemond hadn't changed, he was still as ambitious as he was cruel, and it shattered her heart.

Barren.

Her barren land was a disappointment to him, and she had no idea how to make it better.

"Now you must drink this on every morning. Drink it entirely, the maester says tis a marvelous fertility tea." Lyanna told her daughter with an encouraging smile on her face, prompting Elyana to roll her eyes ever so slightly.

Lyanna had asked her daughter to have tea with the excuse that they had not spent any time together as of late, so Elyana invited her mother to have tea on her chamber's balcony. But her mother had an ulterior motive, as did everyone lately.

"Mother, you know my condition goes deeper than simple fertility issues. My insides are mangled, the maester said tis more than unlikely that I would ever have a child." Elyana answered bitterly, taking a bite off the chocolate tart that had been set in front of her.

Lyanna rolled her eyes and let out a deep breath. "Do you understand what will happen to us if you lose Aemond, Elyana?" She asked, reaching for her daughter's hand across the table.

Elyana sighed and licked her lips. Of course she knew, it was all she fucking thought about as of late. And a reminder was not what she needed in that particular moment.

"You need to keep him secured, locked in. If he takes a mistress, he will cast you— us aside. We will lose everything... Every single thing." Lyanna told her daughter in a low whisper.

"What could I possibly do, mother? Tis not like I can change what has happened. I was going to have a beautiful girl and now I am not and I never will... I can not do anything to change this. Not one thing." Elyana hissed in response, yanking her hand away from her mother's grasp angrily.

"What you do best. Seduce him. Keep him obsessed with you, in love with you! House Rotchamsey is no longer going to be established... We will have nothing if his love for you ever fades. You must work to keep him as you did to earn him." Lyanna pressed, and the conversation was going making  Elyana become more stressed.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! Leave it alone, mother. He would never take another wife, separation is not common and Aemond loves me." Elyana said, clearly in distress because of her mother's words.

"Pick a history book up, Elyana. Maegor did as he wanted and had as many wives as he wanted. Stop being so naive, all men do is lie and take what they want. Targaryens are above the law." Lyanna hissed, and the words finally broke her daughter.

Elyana broke into tears, burying her face in her hands as she let everything out. It wasn't only her own safety at stake, it was also her mother's. Lyanna rushed up from her seat and went around the table, engulfing her daughter in a tight hug.

"Stop crying. Crying does nothing." Lyanna would whisper as she held her daughter. "Crying will not gain you back his affections." Her mother pressed, but when she gathered no response, she decided to stop talking and just let her cry it out.

They remained in that position for a few minutes until they were interrupted, "Why do you cry, darling?"

Both women were stunned to see Aemond standing at the balcony doors with a worried expression on his face. Elyana scrambled to wipe the tears off her face and Lyanna put on a fake smile on hers, moving eagerly to engulf her son in law in a tight hug.