Thirty Seven - The Messy Family

Elyana marched down to the courtyard angrily, prepared to make Aemond answer for what happened to Dyana. It was not him who did it, but his brother. But she wanted someone with authority to make it right. And who better than Aemond? When Lucia and her got the yard, she raised a brow at the scene.

A dramatic entrance was being made by some silver haired man with dark skin and blue banners. Vaemond Velaryon. Elyana did not care though. The Seven Gods themselves could march through those gates in that moment and she would roll her eyes. Elyana skimmed the crowd, and found her husband smirking at some boys, and then she realized with whom she was treating with. Those bastard boys.

They looked scared, much to Elyana's happiness. And so she went down to the yard, but they were already fleeing Aemond and running off into the castle.

When Aemond's eye landed on his wife, he smiled smugly though the way that she was stalking to him made him drop that smile and await for berating. He knew her body language well. "Do you know what your brother did?!" Elyana asked angrily, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Something that has made you upset. What did he do?" Aemond asked, a worried expression overtaking his face. "I find it suiting we speak inside." Elyana motioned to the Keep, and Aemond nodded, escorting his wife inside.

"What has Aegon done?" Aemond asked once he found a secluded corridor inside the castle. "He raped Dyana! She is being exiled by your mother! She is covering for him." Elyana burst angrily.

"Who?" Was the first thing Aemond asked, though he did not seem shocked. Not really. He seemed stoic at best.

"Dyana! Your sister's handmaiden! I-I shared duties with her when I took post in Helaena's service when we..." She did not need to say it. Aemond knew well when she went.

"He raped her and she is being exiled?" Aemond repeated, trying to get a clear view of the happenings from his wife. Elyana nodded, crossing her arms over her chest and expecting him to be surprised or something.

"And you're surprised?" Aemond asked plainly, making Elyana scoff at his words. "Yes! What, is this his hobbie?! Is that what you Targaryen men do?! Ruin servants?!" Elyana did not think of her words before she said them, and she regretted it when she saw Aemond's face contort in anger.

His eye went dark and for the first time in months she saw that same man that had held her at sword point when she started her work at the Red Keep. "I forbid you from comparing me to my brother. Ruin servants? Everything that ever happened between us was consensual, and when things got hard I took charge for my actions." Aemond spoke bitterly.

"I know that..." She sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose, trying to calm down her nerves and aching heart for Dyana. "It is just baffling to me that he will go unpunished for this... men die for raping yet he is being covered for? What about Dyana? Her trauma? Her honor? She is the victim yet she is the one being ran off." Elyana could not believe her own words.

"It is terrible. I know that full well, my love. But Aegon, sadly, is the King's firstborn son. And no matter what he does, my mother and grandsire will cover for him. It has alway been this way, and will continue to be so." Aemond spoke. It was unfair yes, but it was life.

"And the King?! He lets your brother run rampant around King's Landing being a criminal? What if you told him?" Elyana asked. Perhaps the King would care more than the Queen did.

"My father is a living corpse, Elyana. Rotting away in his chambers. Why do you reckon you've never met him? He cares not for us. You know this." Aemond spoke matter of factly. There was no one in the realm that would chastise Aegon.