Chapter 11 - 20

ꨄChapter 11
turn off the light small medium large
Previous chapter: Chapter 10 Surprised DiscoveryNext chapter: Chapter 12 The Fulfillment of the Drama in the Dream

    Chen Xiaocao nervously protected her younger brother behind her, and looked up at Shen Yujiao: "Jiao...Sister Jiaojiao...I...my brother and I are cutting pigweed..."

    Shen Yujiao looked at her so thin that she didn't even slap her face. With a big face, she raised her eyebrows and asked: "Can you dig wild vegetables?"

    Chen Xiaocao didn't know what she meant, but she nodded: "Yes, I know a lot of wild vegetables."

    Shen Yujiao was waiting for her words talk.

    She immediately said: "Then you will finish your work later, if you have time to dig wild vegetables, I will exchange food with you."

    Chen Xiaocao opened her mouth wide in surprise: "Jiao... Sister Jiaojiao, you... ...Is what you said true?"

    After a pause, as if afraid of Shen Yujiao's anger, she quickly said, "In fact, wild vegetables are everywhere, and it's not rare."

    Shen Yujiao smiled and said casually: "I just happened to If you want to eat, go dig it if you have time, and then go to Lao Shen’s house to find me, and I’ll give you something to eat. But you can’t talk about it, or I won’t change it, you know?” “Well

    , I know, I definitely won't say anything." Chen Xiaocao nodded quickly, "I'll go dig wild vegetables later!"

    Seeing that she agreed, Shen Yujiao went straight into the mountain without saying anything more.

    As soon as she left, the dirty Chen Shitou grabbed Chen Xiaocao: "Sister, will she really trade food?"

    Chen Xiaocao was not sure, but said: "It should be true Sister Jiaojiao will never lie to me deliberately."

    Her mother gave birth to her younger brother Chen Shitou and died, and later her father married her stepmother, who was not nice to them at all. Just starved to death.

    But the grandma is gone, the stepmother won't let her eat with her younger brother, and the father doesn't care about them either.

    If she didn't try to find something to eat, she and her brother would starve to death.

    Chen Xiaocao is only 6 years old this year, but she is already full of worries, worrying about her livelihood every day like a little adult.

    Chen Shitou was only 3 years old, so he didn't think so much at all.

    He rubbed his belly pitifully: "Sister, I'm so hungry."

    Chen Xiaocao was also panicked.

    She and her younger brother didn't even have rice to eat at home, they could only eat wild vegetable dumplings to satisfy their hunger, and they were not very hungry at all.

    Occasionally, Chen Xiaocao could find bird eggs, or catch frogs, and serve them as extra meals.

    But the number of times is very small, and if you are unlucky, you will be robbed.

    Chen Xiaocao had nothing to gain today, so she could only work on an empty stomach. The stepmother gave the task, and if she couldn't harvest enough pigweed, she would be beaten when she returned home.

    Chen Xiaocao secretly rubbed her shriveled stomach, and quickly waved the sickle in her hand: "Hurry up and cut, we'll go dig wild vegetables after cutting." She didn't know if