Chapter 2

Our plane is set to depart in twenty minutes. What. The. Hell. I have twenty minutes to ask my mom as many questions as I can.

"Are we going to live in England?" I ask.

"Yes, honey" she answered.

"Even after you find a job, we're staying in England? Like we're leaving Texas for good?"

"Yes, honey."

"And where in England will we be exactly?" I asked curiously.

"Lachlan's tech company is located in the center of the capital of England. So, in London" she said way too calmly.

This is so hard to take in all at once. I'm going to have to go to school in a whole other country. This is insane. The twenty minutes runs out and we begin to board the plane. Everyone begins to line up, but my mom takes my hand and leads us to the very front. She hands the lady our tickets and she has one of the guards escort us right away into the plane. Apparently we are "special guests". This guy must be really rich. The guard takes us to a secluded part of the large plane. It's essentially our own little personal cabin. There are all types of different drinks and snacks all laid out for us on a cute little round table. There is a stack of both blankets and pillows on a small bench. There are four main chairs in the cabin that recline into beds and also have heated massage settings. Towards the back of the cabin, we have our own private bathroom. I was absolutely amazed. Though my moment of amazement was broken by an unexpected arrival.