Chapter 8

The butlers led us all into a giant living room with high ceilings, and giant sofas that looked like they could swallow me whole. The entire wall on one side of the living room was literally just a tv. Like the tv was the size of the whole fucking wall. I was amazed. Jamie came up from behind me and whispered into my ear.

"If you like this, then you should see the home theatre."

My jaw dropped. This ISN'T the home theatre?? What in the hell. The living room alone was the size of our last house that we shared with Jeremy. I still cannot wrap my head around all of this. This all feels like an acid trip.

The butlers came back into the room to inform us that Mr.James will not be able to come home right away.

"Mr. James did say that he will make it in time for dinner. In the meantime, Mr. James would like it if you were shown to your rooms and given a proper tour. If you will follow me this way, I will guide you to your rooms", the butler said.

Jamie opposed. "That's alright William, I will show the ladies to their rooms. For now, why don't you inform the chefs of our guests' dietary preferences. Ms. Adams here is a vegan, and Miss James does not eat red meat."

"Yes, indeed", the butler said with a smile. "I will inform the chefs. I hope you all find your quarters to your liking. Au revoir!"

I turned to Jamie confused. "Is he French?"

She nodded and asked us to follow her up to our rooms. We made our way up the gorgeous set of stairwells, onto the second floor. This was apparently the main floor for the bedrooms. The entire floor was huge. I don't even know if I could count how many bedrooms were on this floor alone. We walked down a long hall and stopped at a room with an oak door.

"This is your room Ms. Adams", Jamie stated. "This room next to yours is Jason's. If you need anything, just knock on his door and he will help."

Jason nodded his head in agreement. My mom said her goodbyes to me, and then went inside of her new bedroom. Jason also departed from the group to go back to his bedroom as well. Now it was just me and Jamie. My stomach was in knots. Being alone with her scares and excites me at the same time.

We walked down another long hallway and stopped at a room that was pretty far away from my mother's.

"This here is your room, love" Jamie said.

She opened the door for me and I could not believe my eyes. The room was fucking huge. The walls were painted a pale yellow, with sun themed decor all over the place. The bed was a canopy bed with the mesh part also being yellow. I love this room so much. I love yellow. Seeing it makes me so happy. I got so excited to see such a big and cozy looking bed, that I just took off running towards it. I flopped down on my new bed and I noticed Jamie just leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed, smiling.

"Jamie will you come in please?" I asked as innocently as I could.

I figured that it was a respect thing; not being able to enter personal chambers, unless invited inside. She slowly started walking into the room. God even her walk is attractive. She made her way to a chair near my bed and took a seat.

I stared at her hard before saying "no".

"No to what?", she asked confused, leaning forward.

"I want you here. Not all the way over there." I patted my bed.

Jamie chuckled and stood up, before making her way over to my bed. As soon as she was next to me she asked "may I?" and I nodded.

She sat down on the bed and then laid sideways with her elbow propping herself up. She stared at me inquisitively. I stared back. I started to feel more and more comfortable with Jamie. I laid down next to her and rolled over onto my side to face her. I just wanted to look into her eyes all day. I could sit here literally all day and just look into those beautiful eyes.

I moved closer to her so that our bodies were touching. After a few more minutes of just gazing into her eyes, I got up and hopped off of the bed. Jamie looked so confused.

"What are you doing?", she asked.

I didn't say anything yet, I just closed my bedroom door as quietly as possible. I started walking back to my bed.

"What'd you do that for?", Jamie asked, with a knowing smirk on her face.

"Because I like privacy" I said matter-of-factly.

"Privacy to do what?, Jamie questioned.

My cheeks flushed red. Jamie sat up. Instead of just climbing onto the bed, I climbed onto her lap.

"Hi", I said sweetly.

"Hi", Jamie said gently. There was a hint of surprise on her face.

I first grabbed onto Jamie's strong shoulders. I felt how toned her shoulders and the side of her neck were. I ran my fingers along her defined jawline, and then I used my thumb to graze her bottom lip gently. She grabbed onto my waist, and was holding me still. She brought one hand up and took possession of my wrist.

"It looks like somebody's settling in quite well", she joked.

I smiled and leaned forward so that our noses were touching. I tilted my head and studied her face. After a moment, I brought my other hand up to her face and rested it against her cheek. I pulled her face closer to mine, and just like that we were kissing again. It hasn't been long since our last kiss, but I wanted it so bad. Her kiss is like a drug.