Chapter 7

Once we finally made our way outside of the airport, there was a limousine waiting for us right outside of the front door. Jamie let go of my hand and walked beside the car to open the door for me.

"After you, sweetheart."

I said "thank you" and scooted into the limo. Jamie and I had our own private section of the limo. She entered soon after me and closed the door.

"Are you ready?" She asked.

"I'm not sure"

I started to get really nervous about this whole situation. Especially meeting Lachlan. Jamie noticed that I became fidgety and handed me a water.

"You're going to be fine, Mia. It's not terrible here in England. I can show you around at some point if you'd like."

I nodded. "I'd like that."

I scooted closer to her and grabbed her hand. I just held it examined how it looked linked with mine. I looked over at Jamie and she seemed amused.

"It's just so I don't get lost" I told her.

"Right then, love" she chuckled.

She took her hand back after a few minutes. At first I got sad, but almost immediately after, she wrapped her arm around me and pulled me close to her. I was not complaining. This was so much better than her hand. I don't understand the hold this woman has on me. She leaned down and whispered "you know, you are very cute when you're jealous."

I covered my face. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh really? So you weren't staring down all of the girls who looked our way?"

"I just didn't like some of their faces is all. They weren't very likable faces."

"Ah, okay" Jamie said through a smile. "What about my face? Is it likable?" She asked.

"Yes. You have a very likable face."

"That's good, because you're going to be stuck looking at it everyday."

"I'm okay with that" I snuggled my head against her and closed my eyes.

*******

"Wake up, Mia. We've arrived", Jamie said in a soft voice.

I am seriously jet lagged. I just want to be able to sleep peacefully in an actual bed for more than a couple hours. I am so tired. I opened my eyes and looked out the window. I couldn't see much yet, but I knew that this house was going to be huge.

Jamie opened the door and stepped out of the car. She held the door and offered me a hand to help me out of the car. We regrouped with my mom and Jason.

"This house is probably bigger than the whole state of Texas" I said aloud.

Everyone laughed. I was the only one shocked by the size of this house. I don't even think I should call it a house. This looks like an old castle that was modernized. This is insane. I was still standing there, mouth wide open, staring at the mansion. Jamie gently guided me forward with her hand on the small of my back.

The doors to the mansion were gigantic and electronically controlled. Jason stepped forward and entered a password on the side of the door, followed by a hand scan. The gigantic doors opened, and I was amazed to see that the inside was even prettier than the outside. I didn't even think that was possible.

As soon as we stepped inside, we were met with two butlers who asked to take our coats and bags. There was a giant crystal chandelier hanging from the center of the foyer. I looked around to see there were two grand staircases on either side of the room to get to the second floor.

As I was looking around, I heard one of the butlers calling for "Mr. James". My heart started racing again. I don't know what was going through my mom's head. She's been a little distant. I truly believe there's something she doesn't want me to know. It's a terrifying feeling.