Chapter 29

"I'm scared", I confessed as I looked out of the car window. We had been sitting inside of the car for at least 20 minutes. Jamie let me. She was actually extremely patient with me.

"You'll be just fine. I will be by your side for the majority of tonight's event." She placed her hand on my thigh and smirked. "And the quicker we are able to get this over with, the quicker I can get you back into my bed."

I raised my eyebrows at the woman's obviously dirty incentive. "Are you bribing me?"

"Call it what you'd like."

"Okay, let's go", I announced with an overly enthusiastic voice and smile. I grabbed her arm and scooted out of the car without letting go. I held her hand and walked with a pep in my step. It's amazing what some motivational words can do.

*******

Jamie and I walked up to the large building. There was a long line in front of the door, filled with people in expensive suits and guarded by a bouncer at the door. I sighed, not knowing how long we'd be in line. Jamie looked over at me and chuckled knowingly. She leaned down and whispered into my ear. "You're royalty, princess. You don't wait in lines." She leaned back up with a smile and guided me towards the door. The bouncer immediately scooted to the side and greeted us with a nod, allowing us to walk through.

"Wow"

"Yeah, you really must come to accept that you're in a different position now, love."

I looked up at her confident smile and nodded.

"There's a lot I could get used to", I remarked.

"You cheeky little thing" she laughed. I burst out into laughter with her and gazed around the venue as we walked in. The interior was dark and dimly lit. There were people all around, mingling and talking to one another. A lot of the conversations seemed really serious. Others were lighthearted, like old friends catching up. The large space was becoming increasingly more crowded with seemingly important people.

"Y'all really know how to throw a party", I giggled nervously.

"Yeah, well..." she trailed on before being interrupted by a tall brown-haired man. His hair was neatly gelled back and his olive skin was neatly shaved.

"Jamie!" His caramel eyes gleamed as he turned to face the woman who was still holding onto my hand. Her grip tightened, as if she was trying to avoid me wandering away like a toddler while she talked to this man. "Can I actually speak to you in private?", he asked looking over me with gentle eyes.

"Erm.. yeah, sure. Just give me one moment" she hesitated, looking at me.

"I'll be back in one moment, darling. Go over to that empty table over there, and do not move. I'm serious. Do not move."

I nodded my head quickly. "Okay, I won't move. She gave me a look before turning to leave with the man. Before she entered one of the rooms off of the main party space, she looked back to make sure that I was in my spot. I took my seat and put my hands up defensively and then shooed her away. She rolled her eyes and walked into the room. Almost immediately after, someone took a seat at my table, opposite to me.

"Hi, Mj" she said. My eyes widened and I scooted back, about to stand up and walk away when she yanked my wrist to keep me in place. "Please, hear me out." My eyebrows raised and a look of disgust mounted itself onto my face.

"Really? Hear you out? After what you fucking did to me. Go eat fucking rocks, Dana."

Her jaw clenched and her eyes veered away from me. "That wasn't me."

My eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"It was Bella. She was mad at you about talking to that girl. I mean, I wasn't happy either, but I wasn't going to do something so horrible. I didn't know she recorded that video either."

"Yet, you stayed with her?"

"No. We were broken up until your mom reached out to us both. She told us that you wanted all three of us to be together again. So me and Bella tried to make it happen because we missed you."

"I'm so confused. Where is Bella now?"

"On a flight home. I told her to leave. She was the reason that all of this happened, I was stupid to agree to come here with her."

"But you're still here?" I spoke skeptically.

"Yes, I am."

"Why?"

"Because I love you and I want you to hear me out. My great uncle is a part of an Italian mafia. Technically, Jamie is my second cousin."

"What the fuck" I spit out. "Does she know?"

"I'm sure she does. Anyway, I want to let you know that Bella's private plane might not make it back to Texas."

"Dana..."

"She's got a shit ton more of those videos, Mj." My face scrunched, beginning to form tears. "She threatened to post every single one once she landed because I made her leave. If she can't have you, no one can. She's never going to change."

I leaned forward and whispered, "but that doesn't mean you have to fucking kill her." My eyes were bulging out of my head.

"Yes, it does. She's not mentally sane, Mj. She's dangerous when she doesn't get was she wants. I've known her longer, trust me." She looked over at the door that Jamie was behind. "I only have 2 minutes left", she said looking at her pocket watch frantically. "Meet me. Take this, I'll let you know when and where." She handed me her pocket watch. I was confused, but before I could look back up and ask any questions, she was gone. And the second she disappeared, the door opened and Jamie came walking through with the man from earlier. Did Dana plan this whole thing? How did she know this man? I looked for Dana's long chocolate waves in the sea of people. With no luck, I slipped the pocket watch into my small hand bag and waited for Jamie to finish the walk back over to me.

I smiled at the striking woman. "When were you going to tell me that my ex is actually your cousin?"

Her face stiffened. I laughed to myself and got up, walking past her to find a bathroom.

"Mia, don't"

"Relax, I'm going to the bathroom."