Chapter 11

After Jamie and I walked inside of the building, she wouldn't let go of my hand which I didn't mind. We walked over to the front desk, where a young woman was sitting behind the counter. She had shoulder-length dirty blonde hair and big blue eyes. Her eyebrows were perfectly arched and she was very petite. The woman smiled as soon as she saw Jamie.

"Good afternoon, Claire." Jamie said in an even tone.

"Well hello Ms. Morelli" she grinned. "What can I do for you today?" She asked as she leaned forward so her cleavage would show.

I was starting to get a little mad at this bitch. She was obviously flirting with Jamie. She was still leaning forward, waiting for Jamie to answer her.

"Yes, right. We have been called on by Mr. James." Jamie said.

Claire darted her eyes towards me and looked me up and down with a face of disgust. I have to say, this was my breaking point. I couldn't hide my crazy anymore.

"Hey, Claire honey. Would you be a doll and keep your fucking eyes to yourself." I said angrily.

Jamie was taken back. "Darling, you need to calm down. Jamie, restrain her please." Claire said.

My face got so red. "You fucking bitch" I said as I let go of Jamie's hand and started making my way behind the front desk. Once Jamie put together what was happening, she tried to run up behind me, but it was too late. I slapped Claire across the face. She gasped and held her cheek in shock.

"My bad, I wasn't restrained." I said.

Jamie picked me up and threw me over her shoulder.

"That's enough, darling" she said with a laugh.

As we were walking away, Claire goes "crazy bitches like you are why most people hate Americans."

I got fired up. "Let me down, Jamie" I said stiffly. She wouldn't budge though, so I started wiggling and pushing myself away from her until I got free and ran back over to Claire. She should've just kept her mouth shut. Within a few seconds, my fist made contact with her cheek. She caught herself before she fell and then tried to hit me. I blocked her arm and then pushed her into the wall behind the front desk. She fell to the ground and widened her eyes. Jamie by this point was behind me again, and once again picked me up and carried me away. This time, she was carrying me out of the building. As we were leaving I yelled out to Claire, "next time, don't be such a bitch."

Once we were out of the building, Jamie carried me all the way around the block before she put me down. When she did, she held onto both of my arms and bent down so we were eye level. Now that I wasn't seeing red, I was really nervous about what Jamie was going to say.

"Mia" she said.

My heart sank a little bit. "Yes?" I asked with with my puppy eyes, hoping that she'd be less mad.

"I don't even know what to say right now in this situation" she scoffed and then let go of my arms.

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer. "I'm sorry" I said. "I just got really mad. She was obviously flirting with you and then shot me a look. She looked me UP AND DOWN. My anger just got the best of me. I still don't like her and I'd probably do it again, but I don't want you to be mad at me" I said with furrowed eyebrows.

Jamie sighed and then laughed. "That was kind of funny" she said. "She did deserve it. Though of all people, I would not have expected you to be the one to literally punch her TWICE after already slapping her."

Jamie was so amused. "So you're not mad at me?" I asked tensely.

"No, sweetheart. I am not mad at you."