Chapter 19

The first store we arrived at was some French couture dress store. AKA, definitely out of my element. The store looked to be very organized. There were neat racks of all different kinds of dresses lining the walls. The middle of the floor was kept sort of open so that there was enough walking space. As soon as we walked through the glass door, a middle-aged woman in a tight fitted yellow dress walked up to us. Her thick straight dark brown hair was cut into a straight blunt bob with bangs. There seemed to be very few signs of aging on her face. The only makeup that she wore included mascara and bright red lipstick. She smiled at us, her eyes looking back and forth between us. As soon as she began speaking, I noticed the thickest of French accents evident in her words.

"Hello! Welcome, welcome! There is something that I can help with?"

She sounded as if she was struggling to maintain her English. This is the one thing that I enjoy most about knowing so many languages. Whenever I am able to speak to someone in their own language instead of making them suffer through the struggle of speaking a foreign language, I find joy in helping them. Jamie was about to speak, but I decided to take this one on myself.

"Salut Madame! Oui, en fait. J'ai besoin d'une robe élégante pour un gala a qui j'assisterai. Pouvez-vous m'aider?"
(Hello, ma'am! Yes, in fact. I need an elegant dress for a gala that I will be attending. Can you help me?)

The woman was a little taken back at first, but her confusion soon faded as her lips turned up into a huge grin.

"Bien sur que je peux, chérie!" Her excitement forced the volume of her voice to raise slightly.
(Of course I can, dear!)

The woman scurried away quickly to find some dresses that she would find suitable for such an event. As the woman left, I turned to Jamie who had a bewildered look on her face.

"Your accent is incredible, Mia" she stated with admiration.

"Thanks. I've been speaking it since I was three, so I'd hope my accent didn't suck" I teased.

Jamie rolled her eyes and chuckled at the small girl standing next to her.

*******
Jamies POV;
Watching Mia converse with this woman in what appears to be French is indescribable. This girl is so fucking smart. Something about her is just so intriguing to me. I watched as she excitedly spoke to the shopkeeper. Her gorgeous honey brown eyes seemed to glimmer as she spoke. I didn't understand a word of what she spoke, but it was as if each of her words demanded my attention. My eyes were locked on her full lips until I heard the storekeeper raise her voice. At first I was alarmed, but quickly realized she was just way too excited about whatever the hell Mia told her. She ran away happily?

I have to admit, this must be one of the most confusing interactions I have ever witnessed. As soon as the woman literally galloped away, Mia turned to me. I was still in shock over the strange lady. I was seriously contemplating taking Mia elsewhere while the coast was clear and the woman was still gone. However, Mia looked so happy. I decided to suck it up and deal with the overly charismatic golden retriever of a woman. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and acknowledged Mia's eyes on me.

"Your accent is incredible, Mia", I told her with undeniable praise.

She responded quickly. "Thanks. I've been speaking it since I was three, so I'd hope my accent didn't suck."

Her voice was lighthearted. Something about this girl is so refreshing. She is nothing at all like the other people I must interact with often. Everything about her seems so pure. Even when she's being fucked.

As we waited for the yip yap to return, I studied Mia's side profile. I know almost everything there is to know about the girl that is not a deep dark secret held by only her. Yet, I feel as though I don't know her at all when I observe the beauty. I want to hear everything I know about her come out of her own mouth. I'd like to listen to her tell me everything, her life until this exact point in time. She has me tethered to her intense gravitational pull.