Chapter 6

"Well looks who's up" I heard Jamie say playfully.

My eyes weren't even open yet, but I already knew that she was probably staring at me. I sat up and opened my eyes slowly. My mom was still sleeping, but Jason and Jamie were both wide awake. Jamie came over to my seat and kneeled in front of me.

"Hello, love. I know you just woke up, but I want to explain a few things before we get off of this plane." She sounded serious.

I straightened my posture with concern. "What's wrong?" I asked cautiously.

"No no, darling. Nothing is wrong. It's just very important that you understand a few things."

I looked into her eyes and nodded.

"Good then. I am under strict orders to stay by your side at all times. I am your guard, and yours alone. Jason is your mother's. He is meant to protect her, solely."

I smiled at the thought of having this hot woman by my side at all times. She wasn't being flirty like she had been for the rest of the flight. She was very serious about me understanding what she was telling me. I let her continue.

"Your ring" she said and pointed to my finger. "Your ring is linked to mine. If you are ever in danger, push the gem down and then twist it to the right."

I looked at the silver ring on her thumb. Huh. Lachlan really designed these tracking devices well. They are so discreet. I would've never known.

"It's very important that you never take this ring off. Do you understand? You are my top priority, and I cannot risk you getting lost." She had the upmost sincerity in her voice.

"I understand" I said, trying to ease her nerves.

"Your mom has the same linked connection to Jason's chain through her locket. Inside of her locket, there is a small button that she will press if she ever feels unsafe. If you two ever sound these safety alarms, in our case my ring will vibrate until I check the location of your ring. Jason's chain will alert him to your mother's alarm by making a sort of jingling sound and vibration that won't stop until he checks her location."

This oddly made me feel very safe. Though, I still don't know why I need such an intense security detail.

"I understand. I won't take it off." I said in a small voice.

"Good girl." She said and then squeezed my knee and stood back up.

She walked over to Jason and started having a conversation with him. It looked serious, but I couldn't hear what they were saying at all.

It was finally time to exit the plane. Poor Jason had to try waking my mom up for a few minutes. I felt bad for him and went over to help. I jumped on my mom and started shouting "MOM THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IT'S FALLING". She woke up almost instantly. Works like a charm. I got off of her and turned around, only to realize that Jamie had been watching me that entire time. She was trying not to laugh at me.

"Alright, ladies. Let's go," she said.

My mom and Justin walked out first, standing side by side. Then it was me and Jamie. As we were walking through the airport, I noticed that people were staring. More specifically, they were staring at Jamie. I know that I just met her, but this was pissing me off.

After a couple minutes of me getting really annoyed and crabby, Jamie reached down and grabbed my hand. The butterflies in my stomach went crazy.

"I can't have you getting lost, now can I love" she said jokingly.

"Oh absolutely" I agreed with a smile plastered on my face.