Chapter Forty-Three: Cousin's

[Lapis' P.O.V.]

I slowly opened my eyes, wincing at the bright light that seemed to pierce through my skull. I tried to move, but my body was heavy and unresponsive. As the fog cleared, I realized I was in a hospital room, hooked up to machines and monitors. Memories of a car crash flooded my mind. There was only one thing on my mind. Peridot.

I looked to my side and saw someone standing there, it was Steven. He was holding Pumpkin in his arms.

"Steven?" I asked, looking around the white dim room. "Peridot. I need Peridot."

"Calm down Lapis, she's fine. She's asleep in the room across from us." Steven said putting Pumpkin on the ground. He came running to me with a whimper.

"Aw Pumpkin, don't worry about mommy," I looked at Steven, "How is she doing? Do you know?"

"As far as I am concerned she is doing better than you. Dr. Maheswaran said that you need to rest, though." Steven replied, looking at the ground.

I looked around my surroundings while holding Pumpkin. My side hurts like hell. My chest felt compressed and it hurts to breathe. Nothing hurts like being separated from Peridot, especially in a time like this.
A knock on the door brought me back from being spaced out. Steven went to open the door and two girls walked into the room, two girls I haven't seen since I was very young. Lazurite and Azurite Lazuli. My two cousins. They were always the twins that got the attention at family gatherings. Lazurite has Curly blue hair, and was very snobbish. Azurite was always nicer. She has freckles and has soft flatter hair, much like mine. They ran past Steven and ran up to the side of the bed I was laying on.

"Oh my stars! Are you okay? Do you need help? What happened?" Azurite asked, frantically.

"I'm fin-"

"Was this your doing? Or did someone hit you?" Lazurite asked

"I don-"

"Shush! Let her speak, Laz!"

"I just want to know, Az."

"We're here for her, right? Let her speak!"

"Well you interup-"

"Can you two just shut the fuck up?" I yelled over them, "Why the fuck are you two here? Let alone, in my life right now?"

They both stared at me like I was stupid. Azurite looked like she was about to cry while Lazurite rolled her eyes. They both opened their mouth to say something, but then closed it at the same time. This repeated for about ten seconds before Lazurite covered Azurite's mouth and started speaking.

"Obviously," she said rolling her eyes, "we're here because you nearly died. And since we care about you, we decided to visit you."

"So," I sat up, "I haven't seen you two in nearly four years, and now you randomly appear right after I nearly die. Unannounced. Poof, out of thin air? How did you even hear about this? Through everything I've been through, now, just now, you show up?"

They both stared at me with those thoughtless eyes. Lazurite is a bit more mad, with a wincing at me. Azurite with the mouth slightly open.

"We wanted to come see you, to see if you were alive." Azurite spoke after a minute of silence, nearly crying.

"And we heard about the whole thing in the news, I saw your body get pulled out on a stretcher. So I called Az, and we drove here." Lazurite continued.

"You were in a car with someone else, right? That's at least what Laz said." Azurite asked.

"Yeah Peri- Shit I almost forgot about Peridot!" I said, trying to stand up. Pumpkin pushed against my chest.

"Whoa, hey, the doctor said you do need to not get up." Steven said rushing to the bed side.

"So is this your boyfriend? And who's Peridot?" Lazurite asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What? No. This is Steven." I said, laying back down.

"Hey, I'm one of her friends," he said with an awkward laugh, "I'm assuming that you are Laz."

"Short for Lazurite, yeah." She said taking a step back.

"I'm Azurite, it's long for Az." Azurite said looking at the floor.

"I ike your guy's names! Very unique," Steven said, smiling, "So what are you to Lapis? Sisters?"

"We're her cousins. We used to be like sisters, the Lazuli Triplets is what everyone would call us, that was until someone moved to Beach City." Lazurite said, wincing at me.

I rolled my eyes and looked at the door. Knowing Peridot was just across from me, but not able to be with me hurt. I better get cleared to get up soon.

"Nurse!" Someone yelled out in the hall. The voice was familiar, it was the accent.

"Aquamarine?" I whispered to myself.

[Hope you guys like this one. Lazurite and Azurite are based on the two Lapis' in Steven Universe Future. Lazurite as "Mean Lapis", and Azurite as "Nice Lapis". I'm sure you caught on to it but just wanted to clarify. Okay byee!]