Chapter Thirty Nine: A Show

"Yeah! I wanted to know if you guys wanted to join in!" Steven said in pure excitement over the phone.

So basically when Lapis and I left the old high school Steven called me. I answered. The first thing he said was: "My musical just got green lit!". I replied with confusion, then he explained that he's been working on a musical draft and he just got the go ahead to make it.

"I'll have to think about it. What's it about anyway?" I asked looking at Lapis.

"Just come over and I'll explain it!" He said with excitement.

"Okay, Lapis and I will be there soon." I said hanging up the call.

Lapis got into her car and I followed. I told her where Steven lived and we drove.

"Hey guy's!" Steven said opening the door. "Come on in!"

"Thanks Steven, So what's this play about?" Lapis asked with a smile.

"Okay. So it's about Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Me living together. And we go on these interesting adventures through space. Oh, and we have magic powers that each do different things based of these gems we have!" Steven explained with excitement.

"Wow Steven, that's is really creative. So it's a musical too?" Lapis asked in awe.

"Yeah! I already know a song I'm going to put in. It's called Change. It's based off a thing Peridot said in group therapy." Steven said looking at me.

"Group therapy? When did you go to group therapy?" Lapis asked looking at me.

"It was a while ago, nothing big." I said with a smile.

"Oh okay. So Steven, Why do you want Peri and I in this?" Lapis asked with a smile.

"I have a good plan for you two! Also I find it perfect that we have powers from gems since we all have names based off gems. Except me of course." Steven said with a confused voice.

"Oh, well I'm in! What about you Peri?" Lapis asked.

"I'll give it a shot." I said with a smile.

"Yes! Thank you thank you thank you!" Steven said laughing.

"So is there a villain or something like that?" I asked with a sort laugh.

"Actually there are many spread out throughout the musical! First I got Yellow Diamond, Blue Diamond, and White Diamond to be in it! They will be the villains in the first half. I then got Spinel to be the villain in the second half." Steven said with a smile.

"Spinel?" I asked with confusion.

"Yeah, do you know her? I think she would make the perfect villain!" Steven laughed.

"Yeah I know her, so what about the third half?" I asked.

"Well my internal problems are technically the villain of the third half, but there will be some physical threats." Steven said with a soft smile.

"Sounds very interesting, so how long is this thing?" Lapis asked.

"About four hours. First half will be two hours, second half will be one, and third half with be one." Steven explained.

"How do you have three half's, that's not how math works." I said jokingly.

"Oh, also you two will be minor villains in the first half!" Steven said with excitement.

"Awesome!" Lapis said with a laugh.

"Alright I gotta finish the script." You guys should probably get going now." Steven said with a sigh.

"Yeah you're probably right." Lapis said with a smile.

We said out goodbyes and left. Lapis was excited, and I was sort of excited. My biggest worry is that I'll mess up. I think I'll be fine.

[This should be fun. Also if you're wondering about the 'Welcome Back' story, I will still work on it. Okay byee!]