Chapter Forty-Four: Double

[Peridot's P.O.V.]

Everything was still blurry. I knew Aquamarine was in the room sitting next to me, along with some nurses asking me questions. Just the general question after waking up from being passed out. How do you feel? Is your head okay? Does it hurt when I do that? This? Blah blah blah.
After all the nurses left it was just Aquamarine and I, sitting, alone.

"So" Aquamarine started.

"So?" I replied.

"So, how did this all happen?" She asked.

"Like, here? A car crash."

"Well yeah, but how did it happen."

"I'm pretty sure we kissed, then bing bang boom. White light, loud noise, asleep, hospital." I explained being overly sarcastic.

"What?" Aquamarine asked, making a confused face, "you kissed? And that caused this?"

"Yeah, pretty much." I said, trying to look at Aquamarine. She was still blurry.

The room was silent for a while. I sat there looking at my hands trying to unblur my eyes. Aquamarine just sat by my side.

"Do you think Lapis is awake?" I asked in the directions of Aquamarine.

"Who knows, but I can assure you that she will be okay."

"I hope so." I said, laying down and looking at the ceiling.

I heard the door squeak a bit when I was looking at the ceiling. I turned my head and saw a blurry figure. She, I assumed, has blue hair and was about as tall as Lapis. I quickly sat up and tried to get a clear vision of her

"Lapis?" I asked with excitement.

Just then another 'Lapis' appeared behind this one. I still couldn't see who I was looking at.

"No, she's in the other room. We were told to come see you by her." A moody voice explained.

"Oh? So she's awake?" I asked.

"Yes, and she's doing just fine." A more joyful voice explained.

I smiled. I started to feel relieved. Knowing Lapis was okay was more than enough to calm my nerves.

"Who are you guys?" Aquamarine asked.

"I'm Azurite. And this is-"

"I'm Lazurite. We're Lapis' cousins."

"Oh, okay, good to know." Aquamarine said.

"Well," Lazurite said, after an awkward pause, "We were just sent over here by Lap to make sure the blond was alive, so I guess we'll be going back to her room."

"Wait. You are Lapis' cousins?" I asked, looking in the direction of them.

"Yes, very smart you are." Lazurite said, sarcastically.

"Laz! Sorry she's being moody, we're just under a lot of stress. But we should really get going. It was nice meeting you Peridot! And you too, miss?"

"Aquamarine, it's Aquamarine."

"That's a pretty name, Aquamarine." Azurite smiled at her.

"It was nice meeting you too," I said "Tell Lapis I said hi."

"Whatever. Let's go Az." Lazurite said, walking to the door.

"Bye guys! Hope to speak to you guys soon!" Azurite said, walking out the door.

"I like her. The other one needs work though." Aquamarine joked.

"Aquamarine! Lapis is okay!" I said with excitement.

"Yes, we clarified that. Not only is she okay, she's turned into three separate versions of herself " She joked again.

"That Lazurite one reminds me of you." I said, making a smug look.

"Go to hell." Aquamarine laughed.

I lied back down. I looked at the ceiling again. I smiled to myself. I can't wait to see Lapis.