Chapter Thirty Eight: Cafeteria

Lapis and I took a step together. We walked in sync with the first few steps. It looked the same. Smelled the same. Felt the same. Same school. Same feel.

"This is crazy." Lapis said in awe.

"Yeah, I guess. Let's check out the old classrooms." I said walking.

As I walked around the building I looked and even went into some classes. I went into Yellow's room, Blue's room, and White's principals office. Lapis followed me around but sometimes ventured off. It was fun. As we walked in to the cafeteria Lapis bounced a bit.

"This is the spot!" Lapis said with a giggle.

"Yes? This is the cafeteria." I said confused.

"This is why I wanted to come here!" Lapis said smiling.

"The old cafeteria? What did you want, the old stuff they called food?" I asked with a joke.

"No this table right here!" Lapis said pointing at one of the tables.

I looked at her with a confused expression. She looked at me with a smile.

"This table! You don't remember?" She asked as her smile faded and her voice broke.

"I remember Yeo and Blaire sitting here jabbering on." I said with a confused voice.

"This is the table you asked me at to go to your party!" Lapis said with a smile.

My face brightened up. This is why she brought me here? I found it cute. I smiled.

"I guess it is ain't it. I'm supprised I did. I use to be a weird geek." I said with a laugh.

"You were so red! Your hands were sweaty and you barely made eye contact with me! And that stutter! You had that obvious stutter!" Lapis said laughing.

I remembered now. I made a bad first impression and she remembered all of it. Did she only go to the party because she felt bad for me?

"L-Lapis?" I asked looking with her.

"Yeah?" Lapis said as her smile faded.

"Did you only go to the p-party because you felt b-bad for me?" I asked with a stutter.

"What? No. I went because I thought it was cute you would ask me. And I liked you." Lapis said blushing a bit.

I hugged her waist and held on. She hugged back.

"Should we get going?" She asked

"No, just a couple more minutes." I said holding tightly.