Chapter Nineteen: Invite

It's been a full year since my last birthday. I'm turning 18 now. An adult. Soon I'll be out of high school and into college. I sent Lapis a text nearly four months ago.
"Hey"
I was left on read. I was alone this birthday, so I opened my contacts again and was about to text Lapis again. Then I heard a noise, it was the doorbell. I walked to the door. I opened it. It was Lapis. She was standing there looking down.
"Lapis? What are you doing here?!" I screeched a bit louder than I expected.
"I wanted to wish you a happy birthday." Lapis said not looking at me.
"Oh, well would you like to come in?" I asked shaking.
"Yes, thank you." Lapis said walking in.
"Well there isn't a party this year so-"
"I need to talk to you." Lapis said interrupting me.
"About?" I said now red.
"In your room."
"Oh. Okay." I say walking to my room as Lapis follows.
Lapis sat on my bed and stared at me for the first time. I awkwardly stared back. I didn't know what to do. We haven't talked since the mall, and that was a disaster. I sat next to her. She stared at me. She grabbed me and kissed me. I stared at her turning red.
"I'm sorry for everything I've done to you." She said crying.
"It's fine, I missed you." I said hugging her close.
She hugged back and we just sat there for a long time.
"I love you." I finally said.
"I love you too, goofball." Lapis said chuckling.

[Yayy, it's now Lapidot again! Do you guys think I should turn this into a comic type book? Also I drew this drawing of Peridot on a whiteboard.

What do you think?]