Chapter Thirty Seven: Keys

After the movie was finished and Aquamarine went home I layed down on my bed. Lapis was already sleeping so I let her be. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

"Today's the day!" Lapis said shaking me as I tried to get up.

It was already morning and I was questioning what she meant.

"What do you mean?" I said in a yawn.

"We're going back to our old highschool!" Lapis said hopping around.

I looked at her. I was confused.

"We never talked about this, did we?" I asked looking at her with a confused expression.

"Well, no. But I think since we are finally back together we should visit our old school!" She said with a smile.

It was a Saturday, and I had nothing planned so I said yes. I was scared to see what it's like down there. I haven't been there since senior year of high school. But I was also excited.

As we got into Lapis' car we left to go to our school. It was only twenty minutes away from the college so it wasn't that bad. As we pulled into the parking lot I saw some cars there, but not alot.

"Still looks the same." Lapis said getting out of the car.

"Yeah, are we even aloud in?" I asked also getting out.

"Don't worry I called someone." Lapis said walking to one of the parked cars.

The car was green with what looked to be large hand printed onto the hood. As the door opened my jaw dropped.

"Hey, I got the keys." Jasper said getting out of the car.

"Jasper?! Wha- how did you?- you work here?!" I asked with some fear.

"Yeah, became the gym teacher about a year ago." Jasper said looking at me.

"How did you graduate college before us?" I asked looking at Lapis.

"Never finished, you'll be supprised to find that this school just doesn't care." Jasper said rolling her eyes.

"Okay Jas, the keys." Lapis said holding her hand out.

"Right, are we still cool?" Jasper asked giving Lapis the keys.

"Sure." Lapis said walking away.

"Nice to see you!" Jasper said as we walked toward the building.

Lapis had a blank expression on her face. I could tell what was going on in her mind. I held her hand as she unlocked the door of our school.