Chapter Thirty: Change

"I can make a promise. I can make a plan. I can make difference. I can take a stan. I can make an effort. If I only understand, that I can make a change." I said looking at everyone.
It's been five months since the break up. Sapphire suggested that I take a group therapy class. I did.
"You're right Peridot, only you can make that change." The counselor said writing in his notes.
I looked at the door. It opened. I couldn't believe who was there. Steven Universe. It's been years since I've seen him.
"Sorry I'm late, I had to deal with som-" Steven said stopping mid sentence.
"Peridot!?"
"Steven!" I said as I ran up to him giving him a hug.
"It's been years, hows it been?" Steven said hugging me back.
"Well I'm in here so that should answer your question. Anyway why are you in here?" I asked.
"Reasons. Well anyway we should continue class." Steven said sitting down.
I sat back down. I have to tell Lapis. Wait no. How would I even tell her? She'll figure it out eventually. I looked over. Some person named Aquamerine was whispering to her friend.
"I hate him." She whispered pointing at Steven.
Her friend, Topaz, stayed quiet. After class I caught up with Steven.
"So, how are you and Connie?" I asked walking with him.
"Its great! I've never been happier." Steven said smiling. "How are you and Lapis."
"We kinka broke up five months ago." I explained looking down.
"Oh sorry to hear. Why?" He asked looking at me.
"Asks Pearl." I said looking forward.
"Oh, I'll do that. Well my friend owns a fry place downtown, Connie and I are going. Whould you like to go with us?" He asked still looking at me.
"When?" I said looking back.
"Tomarrow night." He replied.
"Sure I'll come." I said smiling.
We continued walking down the halls. He turned to me.
"Hey I heard your little speach about change before I walked in. Can I turn it into a song?" Steven asked with a smile.
"Oh, sure." I said smiling back.
"Sweet. Thanks!" He said hugging me.
I hugged back. I walked back to Sapphire and Ruby's room. I looked over. I saw Lapis' dorm. I walked up to it. I was about to knock until.
"Tell her I said sorry." Someone said looking the opposite direction from me.
She turned around. It was Spinel. She stared at me.
"What the fuck are you doing!" I said grabbing her shirt collar.
"I came her to tell Lapis every thing that happened at the party." Spinel said in fear.
"Oh, sorry." I said letting her go.
"Well I'll see you around, I guess." Spinel said with an awkward giggle.
I stared at the dorm. I walked away. I went back to Sapphire and Ruby's dorm. I walked in. They both had the visors on. The computer said something.
"Hey peridot." The computer said in a voice that sounded like Estelles.
"Uhh, hi computer." I said setting my stuff down.
"It's Garnet." Garnet said.
"Oh, hows progress on your body." I asked.
"You'll have to ask them." Garnet said in a calm voice.
"Well I'm headed to sleep, night Garnet." I said looking at the computer.
"Good night."
I layed down on the bed I bought. I started to drift to sleep.