•4•

Big steps

After our amazing sex filled honeymoon we came back to our apartment with gifts scattered around "omg do people think we're buying a house" I laugh turning to Tom who lets out a nervous laugh "what what is it did I do something" I walk back to him cupping his face with my hands "no no but wanna buy a house" he smiles sheepishly at me "of course baby I'm sorry if you took that comment the wrong way I just didn't think we were moving that fast" well we are married "yeah yeah let's unpack and then we'll push this stuff into the guest room" and we did exactly that.

"I'll be right back I'm just gonna go on the porch" i say to him once I'm out in the porch i quickly call liv adding z and Maddie soon after. "Hey this is a four way call but I need all of your help" "we're listening" z says "okay so we got a ton of like house things for our wedding gifts and then I made a joke about how people think we're moving into a house and Tom let out a nervous chuckle and you guys know that's gonna make me nervous and it did and then he threw a bomb at me saying like wanna buy a house" i stop letting myself breathe "what do it do i don't know if I wanna move into a house" i add " but you always said you wanted to have a nice big house with little you's running around" liv says "but are you ready for a house" Maddie adds "now that's the real question" daya pitches in "i don't think I am I'm young and i love but I feel like house would make me feel obligated to give him kids but we haven't even brought up the thought of kids I mean were 25" i ramble once more getting up form the chair to start pacing on the small balcony.

I hear a tap on the door after the girls trying to give me help "one sec" i mute myself and open the door "hi you okay" he asks "yeah I'm fine" i kiss him on the cheek and go to close the door "my mother taught me well your not okay hold up your phone" I do as he asks "oh my god all 3 in one call" he grabs the phone and unmutes "ladies thank you for helping my beautiful wife but I think I did something wrong especially if all 3 of you are on this call, bye now" I hear a unison of no's before he hangs up. Tom grabs my hand and leads us to our room. I lay in the bed and he follows we cuddle "what did I do" he says in a low voice "nothing really" i look sup at him "please tell me is about the house thing" he asks my face lightens up "yeah" I trail on "why my love" he asks "I don't think I'm ready for that we'll I am but then I feel obligated" i stop there not wanting to get into more "obligated to do what" "give you kids my parents did it and I'm scared that we'll end up like them and I don't want I really don't" i say starting to cry "no no no we're not gonna end like them I promise and don't feel obligated to give me kids we'll save that for another day but right now this is house talk not kids" he speaks low and slow trying to soothe me and it works "okay" i nuzzle my head into his neck "let's get our pjs and watch a movie or we can talk more about the house thing but whenever your ready" he kisses my head i hum in response.

We get changed and go to the living room he brings me a cup of tea and we sit and talk "so what's your dream house, love" he asks me "we'll I've always dreamed big so a big house modern or like old money type thing and I don't really care where as long as I was happy, what's yours like" I smile at him "okay I've wanted big but small a family home something nice" we had different ideas. Not a good sign "where would you want it" i ask "where a grew up or around there so they can stay close to their grandparents" no I lied before I've wanted to live somewhere nice tropical almost or maybe California i mean I've spent years of my life in London and the uk I love it here I do but what about my parents. I've spent the time from the show which was a hit by the way and then the pandemic hit which put us back another year and now some of 2021.

"Okay" i trial off "what is there something wrong with that" he asks "no I just what about my parents their also grandparents" i say "we'll they can visit I'm sure they have more than enough money" "yeah they do but what about the house I want big kinda like the one we had for the show but it seems you want small" i put out in the open "I want small so we can feel like a family if we decide to have kids one day" "we'll we could do that in a big house too and I was thinking like a sunny place the uk isn't really sunny" "we'll of course not" i cut him off "I'm tried can we just go to bed and talk about this tomorrow" i get up and put my cup in the sink walking to the room to find Tom already in there. I hug him "i don't ever wanna fight but it will happen but promise me we'll get through it because that wasn't a fight but if we let it go on too long it could've been and it something about a silly little thing sure it's a big step but as long as we're happy I'm happy with whatever house and wherever it might be" i let go walking to the bathroom.

"plus vacation is always an option, I do quite like it here and your parents are together too which would make it easier because I don't know how well we would work that out" i put the toothbrush in my mouth "okay and I like the states it's nice and sunny there and your parents are there like you said faction is a thing and we can always visit my family" there we go a nice convo and we both like each others ideas.

I spit out the toothpaste washing my mouth out with water "I think the uk is a great place to settle as long as we get a kinda big house I'm happy" i dry my face "you do and your not just saying this" he smiles "yeah I am and I love your parents" i kiss him and we go lay down "okay i love you goodnight" he kisses me again "goodnight love you" i say back and we fall asleep.

Words: 1211

Okay that's enough for tonight it's basically morning here but back to back is unheard of night morning or afternoon to you all love ya