Chicago fire - Joe Cruz x reader

A/N: Your outfit above)

Slamming the car door shut behind herself the [H/C] haired woman made her way up the drive of firehouse 51, out front was Casey's crew as they clean and washing Truck 81 after a call when [Y/N] walked pasted them getting their attention confused on why a civilian has just walked into the firehouse for, however when she walked over to the ambo then hugged Gabby which looked really happy to she her Casey told everyone to get back to work.

°•°

[Y/N] [L/N]; she's Gabby's childhood best friend and back then they were attached at the hip always seen with one another, but one night when [Y/N] was 13 her house was broken into and as a result of that her father confronted the robber but that only ended up with a struggle and a gun shot being fired, that night [Y/N]'s father died.

2 years after that at the age of 15 [Y/N]'s family home caught fire claiming the lives of her mother and younger brother which was trapped by the flames upstairs, afterwards she moved to Ohio where her Aunt & uncle lived and stayed there until she turned 18, [Y/N] travled around the world helping people in need until she circled back around and ended up in Chicago where she now lives; throughout everything she's been through [Y/N] had always been her caring and confident self.

°•°

Leaning against the ambo as Gabby and Shay restocked the ambo supplies the girl's chatted away about different types of things that went on in each other's lives, soon enough a call came in for ambo so [Y/N] moved out the way for them and once they were out of view the [H/C] haired woman looked around the firehouse at the truck's, fascinated with what each truck and crew did or the tools they had rememberingback when her uncle would bring her along when she went to visit when she was younger.

Wondering over to the now clean firetruck out front she slowly walked around it taking in every detail, scratch and tool cubby along the side's, [Y/N] has always loved firefighters and being raised with one in the family like her uncle really set up her fascination for the profession and a whole new found respect for the people that put their lives on the line daily, completely in her own world she didn't notice that Cruz was still putting all the equipment back into their rightful places as she walked around the corner admiring the firetruck.

Cruz)"She's a beauty isn't she?"

"Huh? Oh your talking about the firetruck, that she is. I've always loved firetrucks and everything about the job, my uncle was a firefighter up in Ohio but that was until his accident"

A sentimental look came across the [E/C] eyed woman as she admired the Truck and that look was what made Joe Cruz promise himself that he would get to know this woman even if it killed him, she was special, he could tell and he'll be danmed if he let such a beautiful woman walk away without even getting to know her first even if at the end they were friends; he still needed to know her either way.

Once everything was put back where they were supposed to be Joe invited [Y/N] inside the firehouse so she didn't have to wait outside for Gabby to get back so for the next half an hour she talked with the crew in the common area telling stories of her adventures around the world which impressed everyone what she's been doing over the last few years, soon enough the ambo arrived back and Gabby smiled once she saw her best friend since forever get along with her work family also because for the first time in forever she's seeing a genuine smile on [Y/N]'s face as he laugh at a story that Joe was telling her or a call they went on.

Gabby)"I see your getting along well then"

Matt)"How come you've never told us about the time you and [Y/N] got arrested for trespassing?"