Criminal Minds - Spencer Reid X Reader

A/N: Your outfit above)

10 Months ago...

At an AA meeting for addicts within the police department stood up front of the group was a young man around the age of 20, his neat clothes, shaggy blonde hair and awkward demeanor was a dead giveaway he was nervous about being in the room let alone taking to them all about his problems.

He told them about his problems with addiction after he was abducted while on the job by the unsub he and his team was after, if it weren't for him then he wouldn't be addicted to drugs, once the session was over everyone in the room moved to leave or talk to other people but that young man went to leave straight away only to not get too far down the hall when he heard his name be called so he turned around to come face to face with a woman.

She wore a smart blazer with a white blouse underneath it and matching patterned suit pants with black heels, her [H/C] hair was left to freely cascade down her back in waves, she was about shoulder height with him but that didn't bother him. A small smile was on her face as she slightly fidgeted with her rings that was on her finger nervous about talking to somebody else which understood addiction although she was slightly nervous because she found him charming in his own way.

"I'm [Y/N] Rivers, I-I thought your share was rather brave today. It couldn't of been easy to stand up there and talk to everyone, I know it's nerve-wracking speaking from experience and all, your Spencer Reid, right?"

Spencer)"Yh, is there something you needed because I'm in a hurry to get back to work."

"Oh! Right! Yes. Here's my number if you ever want to talk to someone during or after a case, I see how some of them have are you guys deal with and seeing those kinds of things would make anyone relapse."

With a smile [Y/N] reached into her handbag and pulled out a car with her number on it before giving it to Spencer which looked kinda surprised that she gave him her number but either way he was greatful, she understood what he saw on a everyday basis and wanted to give him some kind of support system to stay clean, with a greatful smile he took the card from her fingers then glanced at his watch to see he was going to be late if he didn't leave now; with a quick goodbye he rushed to his car then drove to the B.A.U.

Present Day...

The team was all sat around the round table to be briefed on their new case, but one person was missing, Spencer Reid, he wasn't in the room when Hotch got started on the briefing about a woman being abducted right out of her home.

Hotch)"Alright listen closely everyone, this case is of the utmost importance, and we have to act fast if we plan to get her back alive. This is [Y/N] Rivers, a 23-year-old woman which was abducted right from her own home. -"

JJ pressed a button on a remote to flick through pictures of the scene that was made during the struggle of the abduction before flicking over to a picture of [Y/N] smiling in a family picture with her brother and both of their mothers, information soon popped up onto the screen as she carried on explaining after Hotch was finished.

JJ)"She was last seen dropping off her nephew at a friend's house, it was her brother which called the police about her disappearance an hour after she went missing. However, it wasn't until the next morning did they take her disappearance seriously."

Derek)"How come they didn't take her disappearance seriously in the first place? Why the next morning?"

JJ)"It wasn't until her brother personally went up to the station and pleaded them to help find his sister then revealed that she was an FBI agent did they decided to help, she works for the department that makes up the case files which come across my desk so we need to assume her abduction could be the reason of anything."

The door to the briefing room was opened to show Spencer with bags under his eyes from a sleepless night as he couldn't get a hold of [Y/N] but it made sense once he heard of her abduction, he was overwhelmed and tired but either way he wanted to help find his best friend, if anything happened to her then he didn't know what he'll do.

Hotch)"Reid I thought I told you to go home? You can't be on this case because you know the victim."

Spencer)"She's my best friend Hotch, I'm staying."

Hotch)"Fine, you can work this case but if think your starting to slip then I'll bench you, got it Reid?"

With a tired nod he took a seat at the round table with the rest of the team which all glanced at each other confused about what was going on and worried for their teammate which looked like a zombie from lack of sleep, Spencer stared at the board that had all the information about his best friend in a dazed look as he remembered the last time he talked to her which was 3 days ago when they got dinner together after a meeting, over the last 10 months they had gotten to know each other to the point they could tell if the other was upset without saying anything.

Soon everyone arrived at [Y/N]'s house were Axel, her brother, also lives and once he saw it was the FBI; he let them in. While Hotch, JJ and Prentiss talked the Axel downstairs for anything which could help in their investigation the others went upstairs to have a look around, they looked around her room and bathroom only to find in the medicine cabinet some Bipolar medication and in her closet the safe was left open.

Morgan)"I have a feeling she wouldn't leave the safe open, especially if she had a kid in the house."

Rossi)"And why do you think that?"

Rossi questioned Morgan wanting to understand what's going through his team mates head as he looked over what was in the safe before standing up and showing a gun licence in hand held by a blue latex glove.

Morgan)"Because she has a gun license in there and no gun. Either she took it with her or whoever broke in took it and used it against her"

Rossi)"We should go and tell Hotch what we found, I hope they've had better luck getting information from her brother downstairs"

They both agreed and started making there way downstairs mean while Hotch, JJ and Prentiss was trying to put together any information that [Y/N]'s brother could give them about who could of taken his sister, it was a pain staking conversation to say the least as all the information he was telling them was stuff they already knew but there was some things that he told them that they didn't know, for example; Mostly all of [Y/N]'s college's didn't like her because they thought she was a liability to them all because of her having mild Bipolar which didn't affect her job what so ever.

She only ever had one outburst in her 4 years of working with the FBI and that was induced by stress from both home and work, after taking a week to rebalance her medication she was fine afterwards but thst didn't stop her boss from trying to fire her as a liability issue. However the higher ups denied there requested saying that it wasn't a valid reason, so they made her do regular psych evals twice a month and go to AA meetings because of her family background.

Axel)"They're never like [Y/N], and that only got worse after her outburst because of stress. Can I ask you a question agent? Is it mandatory to force someone to go to AA meetings and have phych evals twice a month all because they have Bipolar?"

Hotch)"Um not that I know of, I'll make sure talk to her boss and the higher ups about this situation. Thank you for telling us everything that you know Mr Rivers, we'll do everything we can to get your sister back safely."

Axel)"Thank you Agents"

To Be Continued...