Harry Potter - Ron Weasley x Reader

It was the start of the 2nd year at Hogwarts, and the year was kicked off with a new bunch of 1st years along with the usual feast in the grand hall. [Y/N]'s family was a well-known pureblood family that's been attending the school of magic for generations, the White family was close to the Malfoy's and Black's along with every other pureblood family, traitors or not.

All through her first year, [Y/N] had kept her head down and observed her fellow 1st year's to figure out which people was up to no good and which was better to approach when she worked up the courage too, that was this year for sure and she was convinced that she was going to make a few friends. Last year, she mostly spent time in the library, in her dorm, or with her brother and his friends; he was a Ravenclaw.

It was funny. Her mother's side of the family was mostly always put in Slytherin, whereas her father's side was put in either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. All they needed was a Hufflepuff, then they'll have a full house.

2 weeks into the new school year, and [Y/N] finally found the courage to approach the famous trio, which was Harry, Ron, and Hermione; at the time, she approach them it was only Harry and Ron, they were in the Great Hall trying to study but they did more talking then study.

Placing her books down on the table opposite where they were sitting, she sat down and then opened her books so she could look over her notes from morning classes. It wasn't long before the two boys noticed the girl in front of them and looked at one another before Ron spoke up getting her attention but not looking up from her notes she replied with a "yes", the boys took notice of her strikingly unnatural mix match coloured eyes as her left was a mint green and her right was a [E/C].

"Staring is rude, ya know? I know my eyes are different, but there's no need ter stare. "

Her slight Scottish accent slipped out while she spoke as she closed her notebook and looked up, and the boys across from her with a soft smile, Harry smiled back at her but Ron was slightly stunned by her natural beauty that went so well with her mix match eyes, nudging his friend Harry introduced himself then Ron although [Y/N] already knew who they were she.

"Yes, the all famous Harry Potter, I've heard quite a lot about you and your trio  of friends. In fact, my father knew your mother, Harry. And my parents know your parents, Ronald Weasley."

Ron/Harry)"Really!?"

A slightly smirk slipped onto her lips as a laugh fell through them at their reaction to her, knowing them already. She told them all about how her parents went to Hogwarts also along with Harry's parents and how her parents knew the Wensley clan, Harry seemed to like hearing more about his parents he never really knew where as Ron was wondering why he's parents never told him about knowing [Y/N]'s family before.

Ron)"What house are you in? If your mom's side is mostly put in Slytherin and your Dad's is put in either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw?"

"I take after my father's side of the family, I'm in Gryffindor like you both. The White family is a pureblood clan and highly respected. However, we appear to A-line with the pureblood supremacy, but really, we don't. Don't tell anyone I told you guys this as it'll cause a lot of trouble for my family if this got out, okay?"

They nodded to her which made her smile before she stood up and collected all her books then waved bye to them as she wanted to get a head start to her next class before the rushed started, the two boys watched her leave wondering how they didn't notice her sooner, more Ron than Harry as the ginger haired boy had taken a fancy to the natural beauty.

From that day onwards, the trio had turned into a group of four. They all hung out and even studied together by Hermione's insistence, of course. They soon noticed that [Y/N] had a habit of putting her wand in her hair whenever she had it up and Even then she would find a way to put it in her hair when its down, one day the Weasley twins asked her why she did it for and she told them it was easer to get at in an emergency, which was rather convenient and true.

Walking to class one morning, she spotted Draco, so she jogged over while calling his name, which made the boy turn and look over his shoulder to see who it was and when he saw it was her he stopped to let her catch up then they carried on walking to class together.

"What class do you have?"

"Snapes class, you?"

"Same!"

A big smile slipped across her face, which made him smile a little back at her before it vanished when he spotted Harry and his friends also walking to their classes, undoubtablely knowing what was going to happen she was about to speak up and trying to convince him jot to start anything but he'd already made a snide remark before she could do so, she was practically stuck in the middle; both, physically and metaphorically, she wanted to defend Harry and smack some sense into her childhood friend.

Making a move to slip past the two boys but Draco grabbed her wrist in turn and pulled her back to his side, not letting go of her once, and it got worse once Hermione commented on something he said to Harry as his grip got tighter around her wrist making her wince in pain. Seeing this, Ron grew angry and stepped forward, took [Y/N]'s other hand then pulled her out of Draco's grip while pointing his wand at him with a threatening look on his face.

"Ron! I'm fine! Please, let's all just leave."

Gently tugging on his hand as she softly rubbed circles with her thumb on the back of his hand, he looked at her before glaring at Draco and started to walk off with her by his side still holding hands, Harry and Hermione both looked at each other a slightly stunned at their friends behaviour before they rushed to catch up with the two also noticing that they were holding hand's.

For the rest of the day, Ron wouldn't leave [Y/N]'s side or be more than a 5 feet radius of her worried that something or someone will hurt her and he'll not be there to save her, it was obvious to his friends and his brother's that he like the girl but he himself didn't just yet, its in the evening after the great feast they call dinner and most people have retreated to their house common area's or in there dorms.

[Y/N] was curled up in a chair wearing a cropped hoodie and sport leggings reading a book that she found in the library. The sky was darkening into night, she was still up ready when she looked up to see Ron wondering into the common area tiredly, so she shut her book after marking her page and placing her book on the side table next to her, she'd notice the way he had acted differently all day after what happened this morning and wanted to ask him about it.

"Ron? What are you doing up at this hour?"

Ron)"I could ask you the same thing, catching up on some reading?"

"Yh. Couldn't sleep, huh?"

Patting the chair next to hers, Ron walked over and slumped down in the chair tiredly. The [H/C] haired girl looked over his face, slightly worried that his sudden behaviour was her fault because of what happened this morning. A thought came to her, remembering the present she had made for him and their friends she grabbed her school bag which was lent against the chair she was sat in and put in on her lap as she rummaged through for the bracelets she made, finding them she looked for the one that had RW on it.

While she was looking through her bag, Ron took the chance to admire how she looked in her casual clothes instead of her school rodes, and he decided in that moment that she looked beautiful in anything she wore. Snapping out of his inner thoughts, he was met with [Y/N]'s smile as she held out a bracelet with his initials on it.

Ron)"Did .... did you make this for me?"

"Yep! I've made on for Hermione and Harry also. Ron, you've been acting strange all day ever since this morning. If it's about what happened with Draco, then I should insure you that was an accident and he'll never intentionally hurt me! We've been friends since we were 5 for christ's sake."

Gently grabbing his hand, she slipped the bracelet onto his wrist and then held his hand while smoothly rubbing her thumb over the back of his hand, Ron's eye's drifted from her face to their now clenched hands and he had a weird urge to lace their fingers together for some reason but decided against it as he spoke.

Ron)"I'm sorry [Y/N], you've become something I care about deeply over the last few 6 this morning kinda put that onto perspective, I guess. Thank you for the bracelet, by the way."

"That's alright..... Ronniekins"

She teased with a slightly smirk on her face at his now rosie cheeks at the nickname that his family uses and instantly knew that his brother's must have told her about it, a laugh slipped from her lips as she stood up and grabbed her things then went up to bed leaving a slightly flustered Ron behind.