Chapter 5

Manvi's POV

We are marking the places on the map. Which our Sst mam is telling us.

After doing that, she tells us which all are important with respect to the exams.

I write it along in my rough notebook and as I forgot what question she said to write for tomorrow's homework. I copy it from Bhawna's Notebook.

Because of this Map I got late to go home yesterday abd everyone scolded me and Muskan alot. We were enjoying eating gol gappe and then suddenly out of no where I remembered this.

Then bell rang and now it is Math's period and I just love math's. It is something which I have got from my father. He is so good in it as he is in export business. He started working from a low post and now he is at the position where he get nice salary but not worth his capability.

I have seen my father struggling so much and that's the reason I put on so much efforts to score good, so that he feels proud of me but....but it never happens. I am stuck always at 70-80 percent of marks.

He feels so disappointed at time's and my Dadi ji says it would have been better if I would have been a boy. I should learn household work so that they can get me married off in a family who need a a home maker.

But thank god my Chacha ji stops it and so does my mother keeps my father's head clean from the words which Dadi says to him.

But it hurt's. It hurt's a lot but I just can't show it but Mummy and Muskan understands it. They know how badly I want to see me proudly and appreciate me like he does to Akku because he is very good in studies and also...he is a boy.

Harsh truth, but it is true. Can't do anything until I prove it that even I am worth it, so what if I am a girl. I can do so better.

Bhawna shooks my shoulder bringing me back to the reality.

"Where are you lost?" She asks and I just shook my head

"Are you okay Manvi?" She asks with concern

Don't cry, don't cry Manvi, control.

I gulp and smile "yeah"

She just shooks her head and side hugs me. She knows me very well and everything about me.

I rub the tears which were forming in my eyes.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

Bhawna gives me water and I drink it.

"Better?" She asked and I nod.

•••••••••••••

Sitting in the library quietly, we all are reading the books which our librarian gave us. Basically it is a magazine and she says that we should also know how to read magazine.

I mean like, everyone is looking at the pictures since 15 minutes and exchanging it with each other as, we are loving the houses and the interiors.

Me and Bhawna have even whispered go each other that which house we will built for ourselves with our money.

The thought only excites us from now only.

I am looking at the magazine just then I heard a voice.

"Mam may I come in?" A male voice.

I look up and saw a good looking boy entering in and he smiles while laughing a looking behind and a hand pushing him further.

Our class attention is on that boy now.

The librarian says "yes"

He enters in and behind him another boy rubbing his side face.

I look back at my Magazine.