seven

Harry

The past week has been such a bore. I've spent my days sleeping in until 2pm and then watching Netfllix while eating whatever food I can find in our fridge. Then I fall back asleep again around 3am.

How interesting, right? My life never used to be like this. When I was married to Victoria she would go crazy if she was cooped up at the house for too long. She was one of those people who would rather leave lounging around to the evenings and like to go out and do things in the day. I have to say there was never a boring moment with her when she wasn't working. Some of my happiest memories are of us splashing each other at the pool we used to go to and the spontaneous car rides we used to take, blasting out music and singing along.

I have wished I could perhaps find a girl like that again but every time I'm close to getting in a relationship, I panic and think of Victoria. I'm sure she'd have no problem getting a new man, she's still gorgeous and I remember how I had to glare at guys who stared at her when we were together. When I was pining after her all those years ago, my friends referred to her as "the blonde bombshell." Even they thought she was stunning.

I did ask her once, in the middle of one of our arguments about the divorce, if she had thought about a new relationship but she said she was waiting for the divorce to be finalised. I just laughed to myself because if I don't sign those papers, that'll never happen.

To some, yes I'm being selfish. But I don't even mind. When you decide to get married, you think that person is the one and you will be together forever. I had convinced myself so much that Victoria was the girl I would finally settle down with. I believed she was the last relationship I'd ever have because I thought we'd be together for the rest of our lives, just like we vowed.

I think that's the reason why it's so hard to let go. I had built it into my mind that this was forever, she was it, and now it's over I can't seem to let it go. The feeling you get knowing your marriage has failed is not a great feeling at all. No one wants to admit their defeat.

"Hey, we're back!" Zayn calls out as the door opens, interrupting my thoughts. He walks into the apartment, holding two shopping bags in his hands, a dark haired girl following him with two other bags.

"And we have food." The girl smiles as she follows Zayn into the kitchen. I notice she's wearing a a tight black top with black ripped jeans and boots. She has lots of jewellery on her fingers and the majority of them are skulls. Her makeup is applied heavily around her eyes with lots of black and she has red lipstick on, a silver lip ring hanging over her lip too. I guess Zayn found her at the tattoo shop he's always at.

"Food, huh? Well you have my attention." I say, standing up and walking into the kitchen with them.

"By the way, this is Jen." Zayn says as he begins to pack stuff away into the cupboard and I jump up onto the counter.

"Hi Jen." I greet her with a small smile and she nods in my direction. I'm a little shocked that this is the Jen girl Zayn has been moaning to me about for weeks. I quickly glance over at Zayn. "I've heard a lot about you."

Zayn shoots me a glare but I don't think Jen notices our eye contact.

"Likewise." She says, placing a bag onto the counter. "Zayn's told me a lot about you."

"Oh really?" I ask as I delve into one of the bags, pulling out a packet of Doritos and tearing them open. "You must already know I'm much more interesting than him then."

Jen giggles but Zayn chuckles dryly. "Haha, very funny." He says. "And they're my Doritos, by the way."

"Sharing is caring." I say with my mouthful. Zayn rolls his eyes and continues unpacking the shopping, handing Jen a few things to place in the fridge. "Hey, did you get any beer?"