fifty two

A.N.
happy 2018 babes! lets hope this year is full of self growth and self love, that's definitely what I'm going to be working on

I was going to update this later in the week but I'm feeling generous so....here you go

also you might hate me for this chapter lmao but anywayssss make sure you don't get too frustrated and read till the end though

———
two months later

Andria

Surprisingly, things have been going ok for me. Ever since that day I broke down in my office and cried into Riley's shirt, which he later told me was Ralph Lauren and took two washes to get the mascara stain out, my life has been going pretty well.

After about a week, both Riley and my friend Hannah came over and together we all filled a box of Harry's belongings that were left scattered around my flat. A shirt here, a jumper there, some CD he forced me to listen to once, a random tie, one of his bandanas, a snapback. Everything that was his goes into a cardboard box that I leave next to my door, promising the both of them that I'll throw it out. I haven't had the heart to tell them yet that once they were gone, I took the box and shoved it into the bottom of my wardrobe.

However, that's the only remaining part of Harry I have left in my life. In every other aspect, he's been completely wiped out. I blocked his number, not because he kept bothering me, but purely so I felt like I still had some power. I deleted all the pictures of us from both my phone and laptop, took the photo of us out of the frame he gave me and replaced it with a picture of me and my parents.

I've been dating a little too. Riley told me that as soon as people in the office found out I was single, the dates came rolling in. He assigned himself as my own personal 'love doctor', passing on the offers of dates that he thought were suitable. I've been on a few with people from the office and also outside of it, but the person I've been on the most dates with is Brad.

I think we've been on about 2 consecutive dates now, and although nothing has happened between us yet, I've actually been rather enjoying his company. We've mostly just been out for dinner and a movie, and also for lunch but I don't count that as a date because half of the office came too, including Riley, who kept making kissy faces at me behind Brad's back and other inappropriate movements that I refuse to comment on.

On our last date, which was to see some movie that I wasn't really interested in, he started making some moves on me, which he's never really done before. It started out with him doing that casual-arm-around-the-back-of-your-chair thing, but then he managed to find my hand in the dark and intertwined our fingers. We even walked out of the cinema hand in hand, and before I got into my taxi he quickly wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him, placing a kiss on my lips. It was only a quick kiss, no tongue or anything, but it was nice.

I think I'm finally beginning to move on, which is a relief for both myself and everyone else around me.

However, there are some days when I relapse and I wish I could bury myself in a hole of my own sadness. About 2 weeks ago, I had to call in sick to work because I just wanted to spend the day in bed watching corny romance films, just so I would have an excuse to cry. I even grabbed my phone and thought about unblocking Harry's number so I could text or call him, although of course I stopped myself. I'm not stupid.

Whenever I have days where I'm just a little sadder than usual, I often have Riley in my ear reminding me of what a 'boss ass bitch' I used to be, and how I need to be that again. Sometimes I wish I could see myself through his eyes, I reckon I'd be a lot cooler and put-together than I actually am.