twelve

A.N. Another update, two in one week! I just want to say thank you all for reading/voting/commenting, the chapters have been reaching the goal pretty quickly. And this story almost has 20k already which is amazing, thank you so much <3 remember to leave comments with feedback, it really helps (:

Harry
I get home to be greeted by Zayn, Jen and Niall all in the living room, chatting and drinking as music blasts through the flat. Jen is sitting on the couch with a mirror to do her makeup and Zayn and Niall are both enjoying a beer.

"What is this, some sort of party I wasn't invited to?" I ask as I take my coat and shoes off.

"There you are." Zayn says. "Finally. We were waiting for you to come back."

"Aw, did you miss me?" I ask with a smile as I throw myself down on the couch beside them. "Cute."

"No, asshole." Zayn replies. "But we're going out tonight. Get ready."

"Out?"

"Yeah, to a club." Niall adds. "And you're coming, ok? Zayn told me all about how you've been sulking, strumming on your stupid guitar like a lovesick fool-"

"Hey!" I protest a little angrily. "A-um....a close friend bought me that guitar. So don't diss."

"Whatever." Zayn says. "We already decided that you're coming with us. And we're not going to sit at a bar and be miserable, we're going to dance and have a good night. So go get dressed."

I go to protest but Niall stops me. "And don't bother trying to make an excuse or say you're busy. Your social life is about as non existent as a unicorn."

"Actually, unicorns basically do exist." I tell them. "They're just fat and we call them rhinos-"

"Harry, shut the fuck up."

About ten minutes of arguing later, I'm finally forced into getting dressed. I take a quick shower and pull on a black, semi sheer button up, leaving the top few buttons undone and I leave my black jeans on. I comb some of my hair to rid some of the knots but then I just ruffle it with my hand anyway. When I walk back into the living room, the three of them are slipping their shoes on. I sigh as I pull mine on, not really in the mood for this supposedly "fun" night out.

"Cheer up, Harry." Jen tells me with a smile, tucking her purse under her arm as we head out to get into the taxi we called. "This is going to be a-"

"A fun night, yes, I know." I sigh and Jen gives me a sympathetic look.

"I know that going out and partying is probably the last thing you want right now, but Zayn and Niall are just worried you're too cooped up." Jen tells me. "They're just trying to help, you know."

"I know." I nod understandingly. "And I appreciate it, I really do. But...."

"I understand." Jen says. "If you don't like it, you can just come back, right? Just see how it goes."

I let out a sigh but then I nod in agreement. We head downtown to some club I can't even remember the name of, and jump out of the car, heading to the door. Luckily, it turns out that Zayn is good friends with the bouncer outside so he lets us in straight away instead of having to line up.

The club is very, very loud. The music blasts out and I feel like the vibrations from it are running through my veins. It's busy inside, people spread out near the bar, hanging by the seating area, laughing around tables, partying away on the dance-floor. Niall goes off to buy the first round and we grab a table near the back in a curtained off area, which Zayn managed to get as he is friendly with the owners here.