twenty six

Andria

There's suddenly a knock at the door and I quickly head over to answer it. It's almost been an hour since Harry told me he was on his way and I'm beginning to get worried about where he is. When I pull the door open, I'm greeted by no other than him quickly pushing past me and walking into my apartment. I raise my eyebrows and close the door before turning around.

"What's up with you?" I ask curiously, taking a few more steps towards him.

The hand that was running through his hair suddenly freezes in mid air and he drops it to his side, as if nothing is wrong. "Nothing." He says carelessly.

"Harry," I warn and he looks at me as if I'm crazy. But I can tell something is wrong just by looking at him. His frown lines are clearly visible and his hair is messy from where he's been raking his hands through it. His eyes are alert, glancing around quickly and anxiously and I know his mind is racing with thoughts. I may not have known him for that long, but I still know him quite well. Better than he thinks.

"Nothing." Harry repeats, trying to assure me with a small smile. "Trust me."

"You don't look fine." I tell him, stepping closer so I'm standing right in front of him. He sucks in a deep breath as I take hold of his hand, looking nervous, and I'm even more confused.

What the hell is wrong with him? I reach up to push some of his hair away from his face and he gulps hard, glancing away from me.

"I'm just...." He pauses, searching for words and still not looking at me. "I don't really feel well."

"What's wrong?

"Just headache and stuff." He shrugs although I'm not entirely convinced.

"Oh. Do you need any painkillers or anything?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"No." He tells me, and then he pulls me to his chest and wraps his arms around me. "I just need you."

My lips curve up into a small smile and then I feel Harry's warm lips press against my own, making me forget everything for a moment. But once I've snapped back to reality, I let the kiss carry on for a little longer and then I go to pull away, but Harry holds on.

"What are you doing?" He asks, gripping hold of me. "Just kiss me. Please."

I raise my eyebrows at him but happily oblige, attaching my lips with his again. This time the kiss is faster paced, almost desperate and urgent. Harry moves his hands to cup my cheeks, pulling me closer to him. Although I usually enjoy these eager kind of kisses because I know that Harry has been waiting all day to kiss me, something tells me that's not the reason this time. There's something else going on behind those green, anxious eyes of his. He must think I'm stupid not to realise.

"Harry, come on." I say with a small laugh as I pull away again. He finally gives up on trying to continue the kiss but he keeps his arms wrapped around me. I look up at him and teasingly pinch his cheek. "Tell me now. What's the matter with you?"

"Like I said, it's nothing." He assures me again.

"You don't look very happy, that's all." I say, using my fingers to pull his mouth up into a smile.

"Of course I'm happy. I have you back, don't I?" Harry smiles but his whole face doesn't light up like it usually does. It's like he's forcing himself to keep that smile on his face instead of the frown he's had for the past five minutes.