twenty eight

A.N.

I've probably used this gif before but it's hot and relates to this chapter so whatever sue me idc

Andria

I lift my head up from where it's been resting in my hands for the past half an hour as I wonder what the hell I'm going to do about this. What seems like a thousand different emotions are running through my body although I can easily distinguish the most powerful one: anger. I can feel anger burning throughout my veins, down to where I've clenched my fists that are resting against my desk and my narrowed eyes that are glaring at the wall.

A frustrated sigh escapes my lips as I lean back in my chair and rake my hand through my hair, messing it up a little. I notice that my leg is bouncing up and down underneath the desk and I bring my nails up to my mouth, biting them anxiously. The anger I feel inside seems to be radiating off every part of my body, making me tense up and shake. I don't think the 3 cups of coffee I've had so far were such a good idea now.

Victoria's spiteful words echo around in my brain and I feel as though they're being shouted through speakers surrounding my office, making me bring my hands up over my ears as I try to think straight. The image of Harry and Victoria kissing flashes through my mind, a sharp pain jabbing at my chest each time I imagine something. Did he cup her face like he does when he kisses me, stroking the skin of her cheek with his thumb? Did she run her hands through his hair like I do, letting the soft strands slip between her fingers as she trails them along?

The thought of it all makes me feel queasy.

Suddenly, I can't just sit still behind my desk anymore. I'm up on my feet before I even know what I'm doing, quickly packing my things back into my handbag and slinging it over my shoulder. I'm over by the door of my office in a second, roughly yanking it open and storming outside. I catch Riley's gaze as I shut the door behind me and he furrows his eyebrows at my sudden decision to leave so quickly.

"Andria, are you alright?" He asks me with a look of concern.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." I lie, wanting to get out of here as quickly as possible. I have to get home. "Can you cancel the remaining appointments I have? I have to.......go out quickly."

"Uh, sure." Riley says, still looking confused as he turns to his computer, which I notice has a Beyoncé music video playing and I can't help a small smile tugging at my lips. I swear Riley can be such a fangirl sometimes. He quickly closes YouTube and pulls up my schedule, scanning it. "You only have the Darlennon's left today and I'm sure they won't mind rescheduling."

"That's great. I'll see you later." I say and then I'm off down the hallway, frantically pressing the button for the lift and storming inside once it arrives.

I catch a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror inside the lift and I swear I look so angry I'm surprised I don't have steam coming out of my ears. In attempt to calm myself down a little, I try to take a few deep breaths but it doesn't really work. I don't really think anything will until I resolve this.

It takes no time before I'm out of the office building, the cold wind sending a chill through me and whipping my hair out behind me. I normally walk as my apartment isn't too far away, but I don't think I'll be able to wait that long before I explode. I need to get back as quickly as possible.

Just as I'm thinking this, a taxi suddenly pulls up beside me and the driver sticks his head out of the window. "Do you need a ride, love?" He suddenly asks me with a heavy cockney accent and I snap my gaze over to him, and he gives me a friendly smile. "You look absolutely freezing, that's all."