seventy five

A.N.
aye it's my birthday today but bc I love u all so much here's a early update aka a present from me to you

Harry

I jog back through the car park, trying to get out of the rain and back to the warmth of my car as fast as possible. We flew back from Paris to London this morning, welcomed back by nothing more than the typical grey clouds and torrential rain. We haven't gone home yet, we decided to make a quick stop at a service station to grab some food, which I'm now trying not to drop everywhere as I race back.

I duck my head in hopes to avoid the rain as I finally reach the car, pulling the door open and slipping inside, slamming the door behind me to shut out the rain and cold wind seeping in. I glance over to Andria in the passenger seat, about to say something, although I stop when I find her holding her hand out in front of her, wiggling her fingers with a small smile on her lips.

"What are you doing?" I ask her curiously.

"Look, it even sparkles in the rain," she tells me dreamily, moving her hand so the ring can hit the light at different angles.

I just laugh, shaking my head at her as I begin to rummage through the bag of food I just bought for us. "You're never going to stop going on about that ring, are you?"

"Nope," she replies with a smile. "How much was it again?"

"Good try. I'm not telling you."

"Why not?"

"Because you don't need to know," I tell her again. "I'm never telling you. You'd kill me."

"I'll get it out of you," she says, still peering at the ring as she spreads her fingers apart.

"And how exactly will you do that?"

She shoots me a sideways glance, a smirk pulling at her lips. "I have my powers of persuasion."

"No amount of sex or head will ever make me tell you."

She huffs in annoyance. "Spoilsport."

I just chuckle again, pulling out a bag of Maltesers and handing them to her. "Here, I got these for you."

She gasps excitedly, taking them from me and immediately tearing them open, popping the chocolate into her mouth. "Mmm, yum. You know me so well."

"I know," I reply, grabbing the bottle of water from the plastic bag before reaching back to place it on the backseats. "Oh, I got a phone call while I was in there. From work."

"Oh yeah?" she asks, continuing to eat more of the chocolate. "I thought you were off until Thursday?"

"I am, but there's some work function tonight they want me to go to," I tell her, already expecting the displeased look she shoots me afterwards. We had decided to have a night in and order a Chinese takeaway, but that doesn't seem to be the plan now. "I don't have to be there long, it's just a show up and say hi type of thing. I'm allowed to take a plus one."

"But I was looking forward to our relaxed night at home," she murmurs with a slight pout. "All work functions are such a pain in the ass. And boring."

"I know, and I'm sorry. But you can wear one of those new dresses you didn't get the chance to wear in Paris...." I say, trying to convince her.