seventy six

A.N.
this is quite a long chapter & there's a few time skips but it's necessary for the story, so I hope you don't mind. Enjoy x

Andria

1 month later

"Ok, we need to discuss wedding details, because I have all these magazines and I'm itching to look at them already," Riley says, suddenly dumping a stack of magazines down onto my desk, almost crushing my hands under them.

I raise my eyebrows as I take one off the top of the pile, peering at it curiously. "How long have you had these?" I ask him, flicking my finger against the dog-eared edges.

"Ok, so maybe they've been in my flat for a few months and I've already looked through most of them," he admits as he sits down in the chair opposite my desk, making me laugh. "But that's good, because now I know what the best pages are."

"Thanks for these, Ri, but Harry and I haven't really discussed that many wedding details yet," I tell him, placing the magazine I was flicking through back down on the pile. "It probably won't happen for at least a few months, maybe even next year."

"Still, it's never too early to look at wedding dresses," Riley says, grabbing one of the magazines to look at. "There's a gorgeous dress in this one. All white, lace...."

"Ok, well, maybe looking at one won't hurt," I give in, making him smile when I reach out and grab the magazine from him, my eyes widening at the dresses on the page. "Oh wow, this one is stunning. Do you think that'd suit me?" 

"Um, of course," Riley replies like it was a stupid question. "It'd look so good with simple, natural makeup, and your hair up, or maybe curled...."

"Oooh, and the train could trail out behind me for a few metres and the veil could have lace in it too....."

"And you could have a few cute little bridesmaids to carry it for you!"

"Oh my god yes! I have some little cousins, they'd be perfect."

"And they could all have cute matching bridesmaids dresses!"

"You're getting married?"

Mine and Riley's excited rambling is suddenly cut off by the sound of another voice, both of us looking up to find Brad stood in the doorway of my office. His gaze flits between the both of us before they land on the magazines on my desk, his eyes widening in surprise.

Riley clears his throat awkwardly and quickly stands up, grabbing the stack of magazines. "I'll, uh....just take these," he tells me before turning around, nodding hello at the rather confused-looking colleague of mine still stuck in my doorway. "Brad," he says before dodging past him, rushing out of my office.

Once he's gone, Brad finally takes a step into my office, closing the door behind him. I pull myself up from my chair and walk around to the front of my desk, gripping onto the edge of it as I wait for him to say something. I watch as he slowly walks further into the room, finally stopping in front of the chair.

"So," he says after a while, his eyes finally meeting my own. "Aren't you going to say anything?"

I sigh, raking a hand through my hair. "What do you want me to say, Brad?" I ask him. "You clearly already know what's happening."

"Yeah, I do," he nods slowly. "You're not doing a very good job of hiding that ring."

I glance down at the ring he's talking about, still huge and glittering in the light. "I wasn't trying to...."